Chapter 18

Sofia's POV

The next day, I felt refreshed. Maybe because it's Sunday, or maybe because of my date with Fezco yesterday. Either way, I was happy to be back in the mall again. "Do you think people are like 100% straight or 100% gay?" Maddy asks me and Kat as we go up on the escalator at the mall. "No, cause obviously there is like, bi people, asexual, pan... Sexuality is like a spectrum, you know?" she says.

"Yeah, totally." Maddy responds, looking around. I wonder what she's going on about. "Why?" Kat asks curiously. "I don't know" she responds vaguely, continuing to walk around cluelessly. "Maybe we should stop at the-" "Do you think straight guys, ever like, watch gay porn?" Maddy cuts me off mid sentence. "Not if they're like, 100% straight" Kat responds to her. "You just said it's a spectrum." she complains. "Yeah Maddy, on either side of the spectrum is gay and straight. Can we please go get pretzels?" I interrupt their conversation.

"First of all, I don't eat carbs." she says. "Yeah, well I do." I tell her. "Second of all," she continues, "SECOND OF ALL- why are you asking us about gay porn anyway?" I interrupt her. "Yeah, is this about Nate?" Kat asks, making me chuckle. "No, he's like super straight. God I fucking hate this" Maddy shakes her head. "Is it about your dad?" Kat asks bluntly. "I really hope not" I mumble, my eyes going wide at the thought of our dad being gay.

"That would explain why they're fighting" Kat says, talking about our parents. "It's not about any guy that I know." she confirms. "Look, all I know is that most guys are like, weird, gross and fucking pathetic." Kat states, earning a few glares from people. "Facts." I say, sipping my strawberry lemonade. Maddy finally stops us in our tracks.

"Look, if I tell you two something, you swear on your fucking lives you wont say a word?" she raises her eyebrow at us. "Yeah" Kat and I say at the same time. Maddy stands in the middle facing both of us and whispers in our ears something I had already suspected for a very long time.

"I knew he was a fucking faggot" I respond.

____________________

Later that night, I decided to straighten up my room and set the vibe for me to try on the clothes I got at the mall. I decorated my bed with stuffed animals after re-making it, lit up an incense, vacuumed the floor, put some essential oils in my diffuser and finally light the candle Fez had given to me yesterday.

Vallie jumped up on my bed, wagging her tail as usual. One thing about my mom, no matter what type of arguments we get into, she always takes care of Vallie when I'm not home. She would walk her, change her food / water, play with her, and do the things that I usually do when I'm at home. I began rubbing her belly when Fez decided to FaceTime me. I immediately answer the phone, happy to see that he was calling me.

"Hey Fez" I say, setting up my phone on my dresser before opening up the bags of clothes I had brought home. "Hey, whatchu doing? I haven't heard from you all day." he says. Normally, he would give me space for as many days as I decided to disappear for with the occasional text every now and again. Ever since last night, he has been texting me obsessively.

I would have responded sooner, but the mall comes first. "Sorry about that Fez I was at the mall with my sister and our friend today..." suddenly I got an idea. "Can you give me your opinion on something?" I ask him innocently. "Sure, what's up?" he asks me, setting his phone up as well. I could tell by the background that he was at his job right now.

"You just stay there. I'll be right back." I tell him, picking up the bags and disappearing away from the camera. I only walked over to my mirror so I can get changed, but he couldn't see me anymore. "I'll be right here... not going anywhere. Not much places I can really go, I mean" he starts chuckling. "Fez, shut up you're so stupid. Just don't hang up, okay? I'll only be second." I smile, rummaging through the bags of clothes to try on the first outfit.