THREE

things had been going pretty well so far for jasmine. while she still wasn't happy at all with the move, the others all feeling the same way, she was finding that she'd been able to find people that at least made her stay in the small town a bit more bearable.

jessica had warmed up considerably to her after realizing that she wanted nothing to do with the cullens or mike, which improved their new friendship greatly. tyler only ever tried to flirt with her jokingly, otherwise being a complete goof and great partner in their math class, where they were basically allowed to do whatever as long as they took some notes and did the homework. anglea was obviously her best friend out of the group, and she'd even been the first one to be invited over to meet her family after a week and a half of their friendship. it was safe to say that her family enjoyed angela's presence almost as much as she did.

eric was funny. a bit of an attention seeker, always quick to switch sides in an argument or change his supposed opinion, and he may not have been as funny as tyler, but he was nice enough to make up for it. he even wrote a damn good article about her and cecilia after managing to convince the younger girl to let him take a picture for the paper. mike, meanwhile, was just a bit of a "meh" friend. they ran in the same social circle, and they laughed at the same jokes, but they weren't really friends. he'd tried hitting on her once, but she'd quickly shut him down before he could think he'd get anywhere with her (which jess was greatly appreciative of).

hailey had also become a steady friend of hers as the days went by, the two of them strengthening their friendship in biology class. it turned out that hailey had lived on the reservation as a kid, but her parents had moved them to forks after her uncle passed. her grandparents still lived in la push, so she was able to visit them whenever, but her parents had wanted to move because they had too many memories with the man there.

"at least we're only, like, twenty minutes or so away, ya know?" she'd said when the subject came up, shrugging. "that way we're not completely cut off from him and the rest of our family. that way we don't completely ignore what happened, and can still visit when we want or need to."

jasmine could understand that notion, but she would've never been able to put it into practice. her own ghosts had caused her to leave her childhood and past family behind, never going back or leaving herself to think about what might've happened. she had a family she treasured and adored more than anything in the world, and she wouldn't give it up for anything.

currently, the witch was on the phone while unpacking some more of her things from the boxes that she had in her room. the movers had quickly done their job and set everything up, and the kids had been left to organize their rooms the way they wanted.

alex and olive, having had no special abilities to help them rearrange how they wished, had had jackson help them out by moving things where they wanted over and over again until they were satisfied. cecilia's fairy magic had come in handy for organizing her own space, and jasmine had taken full advantage of her own magic to get things set up where she liked them.

maria hadn't approved of the "cheating" that had come with their unpacking, but it was five against one, with marcus being the neutral party (as he almost always was).

"don't tell me this angela girl is starting to replace me," rosa's voice filters in through the receiver, teasing, and making jasmine roll her eyes playfully despite knowing the other girl couldn't see her.

"you know no one could ever replace you, ro. she's just my new bestie while you're not here to keep me company."

both of them laugh at her words, and rosa falls silent as she listens to the other girl rustle around in her boxes before muttering a small spell to herself.