The first surprise attack

"Okay Kion, it is time to go to sleep now." Said Simba. "Aw man. Being injured sure is boring." Said Kion. "We know it is sweetheart, but you need your rest. So sleep tight." Said Nala. "Have a good sleep little bro." Said Kiara. "Not so fast young lady. You have to go to sleep too." Said Simba. "Aw, alright daddy." Said Kiara, as she laid down next to Kion. Both Simba and Nala gave their cubs loving licks on their foreheads, and then went out of the den to let them sleep.

Simba and Nala looked off into the savanna. The sky was pitch dark, but they could still see the flag of the ARO and the French tricolor waving in the air in about multiple territories in their sight line.

Since a lot of the Pride Lands was now under allied occupation, almost 200 Pride Landers lost their homes. Simba and Nala were able to dissuade them from leaving the Pride Lands, but now they all had to find new places to stay for the time being. This left many territories congested with multiple types of animals, who all did not even eat the same types of food, some animals were even forced to share spaces with other animals that they consider their food.

"Nala, this whole situation stinks more then Pumbaa. These pesky humans are ruining the Circle of Life." Said Simba. "Not to mention I am also extremely worried about Kion, we almost lost him yesterday in that battle. The thought of us losing our little boy, I... I just can't mentally grasp that." Said Simba. "I understand, Simba. This is not going well at all for any of us. But I think I have an idea." Said Nala. "Oh really? What's that?" Asked Simba. "It's very late into the night, so I believe all the humans are probably asleep. So maybe later after we get a tiny bit of rest for ourselves, we go over to the humans, and attack them by surprise." Said Nala with a smug look.

Simba took one look at his mate, and he figured out what she was thinking. Simba agreed with Nala's idea. The two then went back into the den and laid down next to their sleeping children. "Son... I love you... We all do... Never forget that..." Simba whispered into Kion's ear. He then laid his head down and fell asleep.

Meanwhile, just as Nala predicted, all of the soldiers in both the Out Lands base and in the occupied territories were all fast asleep. Commander McCoy was also sleeping within his quarters, but his mind was still racing. He desperately wanted to send a message over to the United States begging for them to join the war.

For the longest time, the people of Osha had always admired the United States. Being the only country in the whole world to win their independence from Great Britain through war, to successfully keep themselves from splitting into two countries back in the 1860's, and to survive many other grueling wars after that. To Osha, besides itself, the United States was the strongest country on the face of the earth. Since Osha was now no more thanks to the Pride Landers, the ARO felt that the U.S had to help them reform their lost empire.

Many hours later, when the clock struck 3 am, the Lion Guard and the Pride Landers started making their way to the small ARO camp next to the Big Ravine. Everyone was really nervous, because they were doing something they haven't done before. The humans were constantly attacking them, and for the first time, the Pride Landers were attacking them.

At the top of a tall tree near the camp, were two lookout soldiers, who were tasked to alert everyone in the case of any surprise attacks. Since it was very dark out, and the oil lamps they had didn't shine that far, the lookouts didn't spot the approaching Lion Guard until they were only about 20 feet away from the camp. The two lookouts panicked and quickly rang the alert bell 3 times.

"Kion! They've spotted us!" Said Ma Tembo the elephant. "That's okay Ma Tembo! That's not gonna stop us!" Said Kion. "We'll fight for whats right, Pride Landers unite!" As the Pride Landers began entering the camp, generals and commanders were running about into tents waking up their men. General Dubois had just woken up from his deep sleep, but even he was in a state of panic.