Anniversary (Jakehoonki)

This was requested by sequoia_2205. Before we begin the story I just want to apologize about how trashy this oneshot was. I wrote it from an idea I thought up, but at the time I didn't have an exact plan for how it was gonna turn out so please bear with me on that. I might consider rewriting it later on in the future if I come up with a better ending so please let me know if I should. But nonetheless please enjoy it 😊.

It had been exactly one year since Jake and Niki found out Sunghoon was their mate

It had been exactly one year since Jake and Niki found out Sunghoon was their mate. The two of them remembered just how happy they felt at the discovery along with how happy and excited Sunghoon felt once he realized two of his closest friends were actually his lifelong mates. It was due to this that Jake and Niki wanted to make sure today was unlike any other.

"Jake hyung, did you make sure to check the reservation for tonight?" Niki asked as he looked through his todo list for the day. Jake, who was busy thinking about what suit he was gonna wear, turned around to look at Niki. A "are you serious" expression all but present on his face.

"Of course I did, Niki. The real question here is whether or not you remembered to buy the gifts." Jake said before he went back to looking over his suit options. Niki let out a huff of annoyance as he continued to look through his list of things to do.

"It happens one time and you use it against me every chance you get..." He murmurs quietly, not knowing Jake can still hear him.

"Not my fault your memory can be bad sometimes." Jake joked as he finally managed to narrow down his choices to only two options. Quickly grabbing the suits from his closet, Jake turned around to face Niki.

"Which one do you think is better?" He asked. Niki looked up from his list for around five seconds before he went back to his task.

"The one on the left." He replied. Jake's head tilted to the side as a look of disbelief appeared on his face.

"Aish, this kid..." He thought to himself.

"You didn't even take a good look at them." Jake said as he watched Niki cross something off his list.

"No, I did." Niki defended as he continued to mark things off. Jake's eyebrow rose as he spoke.

"Oh did you now? Then what's the color of the right suit's tie?" Jake asked, amusement filling his mind as he saw Niki suddenly stop moving.

"I-It's black." Niki said after a brief moment of hesitation. A small smirk formed on Jake's lips as he made his way toward Niki. Just then Jake's shadow towered over Niki since he was sitting on the bed. Hesitantly, Niki looked up only to see Jake's eyebrow twitch as a fake smile replaced his previous smirk.

"There is no tie for that suit Niki. So I suggest you actually start paying attention unless you want to feel my wrath." Jake spoke before he stood up straight.

"Now then, which suit?" Jake asked again, this time though Niki actually took his time to decide.

"I still think the one on the left is better." Niki said after a while.