𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 59.

Her eyes shot open as soon as she realized where she was.

It was morning now and she was sitting there in the cold wet snow with her back against a giant tree.

But the fact she fell asleep out in the open scared her more.

She released a sigh of relief. She was alive.

She pushed herself up, but groaned when she felt a stabbing pain in her thigh so she looked down only to see an open wound that bled out underneath her. Not too big but it was definitely something that would cause trouble.

"Fuck.." she cursed and started going through her backpack to find something she could clean it up with.

The only option there was was alcohol, and she shut her eyes tightly before pouring it right on her flesh.

A muffled scream left her pursed lips when she felt the stinging pain.

After she calmed down, she took out a needle and a thread, immediately remembering the time Joel sewed her cheek for her.

Fuck I need to stop...

She winced everytime the needle penetrated her skin but soon it was over.

She then checked her surroundings agan before putting bandage over it.

Then she closed her eyes for a moment, trying to find the strength to get up.

...
3 days later, 10 days since leaving Jackson

Dealing with Jesse's death was hard. She kept imagining telling it to his family, Dina or later to his child. That's if she'll ever get the chance to tell them..

She has spent the last 3 days in a not so spacious shed near the Detroit city.

Now she was kneeling on the ground, eating cooked meat of a deer she got yesterday. Staying there felt like a cleanse. She tried to become focused and to heal the wound that now looked a lot better.

"Let's see..." she stood up and walked over to an almost broken wooden table, spreading the map to check the city.

There was too many places and districts.

"Finding you will be harder than I thought David.." she mumbled to herself and put the map in her backpack.

It was time.

...

She's been walking for a few minutes already, with no sight of infected. The snowstorm was once again slowly approaching while she wasn't stopping. She made her way through a mass of thick trees when she noticed a dim light right in front of her.

She squinted her eyes to try and see better, noticing it was a window.

She reflexively grabbed her rifle,looking around but not seeing anyone.