Chapter 16

Marisa POV

I waited at the house for Audrey. There is something she isn't telling me and I need to know what it is. It involves my mother, not hers.

"Hey bitches!" Audrey yelled stumbling in. She was a little tipsy but not drunk so that's good.

"Hey Audrey has my mom called in to tell me how Lucy is?" Her face went pale. I thought she was going to just drop right there.

"Um yeah she called while you were out, I just told her I would tell you the progress report of Lucy." A small fake giggle left Audrey's mouth.

"Nice try, what really did my mom say." I said, I know Audrey and she is lying.

"Your mom has cancer, Rissy they gave her 6 months to live, but she found this out 3 months ago. She didn't want to tell you. She doesn't want you to be sad. She told me only to tell you if one hundred percent necessary." Wh-what. My mom only has 3 months to live and I am only finding out now.

"You bitch, your only telling me now"

"Rissy I just found out yesterday." Audrey seemed really sad about it.. Well she is like her mom too.

"Fuck you!" I screamed and went straight for the bar and started drinking. Soon Audrey walked in and took a whole bottle and left. She didn't even look at me, i hate her for not telling me.
________________\
Lukes POV
When I walked into our room there was my beautiful ex, i can't keep being her friend. I want to kiss her ever time I see her. She looked perfect as she danced around the room with a bottle in her hand.
"Audrey" She turned around startled.
"Yessssss" She said giggling and falling.
"I think you need to sleep this off" I said taking the bottle from her and taking a real quick drink. I set the bottle down across the room and when i turned around she was taking off her shirt.
"Audrey what are you doing" I said and she started to take off her shorts.
"Its hot and you told me i needed to sleep." She said. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She is so beautiful. She climbed into bed and looked at me with big eyes.
"Lay with me" She asked. I climbed in and she rolled over and layed her head on my chest.
"I, love, you, Luke" She said and then passed out. Perfect little snores coming out her mouth.
"I love you too, Princess"
_____________________
Marisa POV
I locked myself in my room. I cant stay here. This is all too much. She is my only family. I lost everyone else now im losing her.
*ring ring* my phone caught me out of my thoughts.
"Mom" I answered.
"Honey" She coughed out. "I don't want you to come home. Calum called worried about you. Honey i dont need you here, you need to continue to live your life." Thats my mom, never wants to be the center of attention.
"Im coming home. You aren't dieing alone. Mom I love you and I want to be there for you." I said.
"Honey I am dieing today. I told the doctor I don't want to suffer anymore. I have your aunt here watching Lucy."
"Mom No!" I cried out. "Just wait for me to get there. Im heading for the airport now."
"Im sorry honey, goodbye" Then all I heard was a long loud beep. That that is it. Shes dead. Shes gone. I hate myself for not being there for her. I broke down right there on the porch. It started raining. Calum came out and wrapped his arms around me.
"Please dont leave me." Calum whispered.
"Dont tell Audrey" I whispered. He kissed me and brought me back inside.

When we got in he layed me down, kissed my forehead. Pulling me onto his chest we fell asleep.