[Cuphead|Casino!Mugman & Chips' Daughter!Reader] Her Aim is Getting Better

[A quick little epilogue to go with my last oneshot, bc I think this girl is so freaking cute, and I had this little idea! I hope you all didn't miss me too badly <3]

Written: Saturday, 22nd January 2022 

"My ex-wife still misses me..." Chips muttered under his breath, still processing the events of the last day or so as Y/n lined up her sight, hands firm as she squeezed the trigger. Her eyes closed and...

BANG!

Y/n fired, bullet whizzing through the air. "Y/n, Chips, will you two please stop shooting holes in-" Y/n instinctively threw down the gun, a shatter and a thump echoing through the empty casino as the bullet passed cleanly through Mugman's forearm and embedded itself alongside the others in the wall. "-the bar." He finished, looking thoroughly disquieted.

"But her aim is getting better?" Chips questioned aloud, earning a punch in the arm from Y/n, panic setting in.

"Oh my goat, oh my goat, oh my goat. Mugman!!" Y/n exclaimed, throwing herself behind the bar, face pale. She look at the arm on the ground and froze up, trying not to let tears come to her eyes. "Are you ok?" She whispered, voice trembling. Mugman smiled, obviously trying not to look at the severed arm, laying his working hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine, Y/n. It didn't hurt too bad. Could... could you pick it up, please?" Y/n quickly bent down to grab it. It felt cold, even more so than usual, the scarred-over cracks from his past worse up close. Lost in thought, she dragged a finger over the jagged edge, hissing when she drew blood. Jamming the bleeding finger in her mouth, Mugman still quiet in front of her, she continued to examine it.

She stared at it in wonder, guilt washing over her. That... was going to leave a mark, and it pained her to add to the scars. She just hoped she hadn't lost any pieces. Almost cradling it, she looked to Mugman, more specifically the rest of his shattered arm. No blood.

And then the arm in her hand moved.

A scream erupted from her, and she threw it in the air, fumbling to catch it before it hit the floor. Clutching it against her, she panted, heart still beating out of her chest. Mugman hid a laugh, gloved hand covering his grin. "Sorry, I should have warned you! I was just testing that it still worked. Looks like you didn't hit anything too important."

"That's a relief, I suppose... What- what are we gonna do now?"

"We find Dice, he knows how to patch me up." Y/n nodded fervently, watching Chips out of the corner of her eye. He picked up the fallen pistol with an amused smirk on his face. She stuck her tongue out at him, trembling as she followed Mugman into the halls of the casino, still holding the horrible severed arm.