[Phineas and Ferb|Ferb x Reader] Best Summer Ever

Written: 5th October 2019 

Three knocks in rapid succession echoed through Isabella's hallway, reaching where she sat, perched on the couch with her friends. "I'll get it!" she called to her mother, racing down the hall as Phineas paused the movie for her, not wanting her to miss the action. She quickly swung open the door to reveal Y/n L/n, a girl from down the street. Y/n smiled nervously, handing over a bag of chips.

"Sorry, Izzy, I didn't know what to bring." She smiled sheepishly, rubbing the base of her neck.

"Oh, it's fine! Come on in!" She took Y/n's hand, leading her further into the Garcia-Shapiro house. Y/n took up residence next to Ferb on the floor, smiling gently as Isabella returned to her place on the couch.

"Where you up to?" She asked in a sing-song tone.

"Same place as when you left, I paused it for you." Phineas replied, pressing play once more. Isabella sighed happily, hearts in her eyes, scooting closer to him under the pretense of taking some popcorn from the bowl on his other side. He placed it on their legs to give her better access and she hissed like a cornered snake when Buford tried to take some. Y/n smiled fondly up at her friend and threw Buford the half-eaten bag of chips from beside her, which he devoured rapidly, burping loudly.

They were just getting to the good part of the movie where the hero is able to bring up one last boost of strength to slay the evil monster when- "Phineas, Ferb! It's time to go, I've got to get home and make the tacos. And you know how Candace is in the kitchen..." Phineas groaned but got up, Ferb following close behind as they went to the kitchen.

"Yea, we'd better go too." Burford said, picking up Baljeet and setting him on his feet. "Ma's gonna kill me if I miss dinner again."

"Yes, we had better go." Baljeet conceded.

"Aww, ok. See you guys tomorrow." Isabella smiled, sighing jokingly. Isabella and Y/n followed them out to the patio, waving as all the boys left. Phineas and Ferb, walking across the street with their mum and Baljeet riding in the basket of Buford's bike into the sunset.

"Hey Izzy, my parents aren't coming home tonight, there's a big storm rolling in out west. Do you mind if I stay here tonight?" Y/n asked, once they were back on the sofa, sipping soda and watching the credits roll.

"Of course, Y/n! Mum loves having you around, it'll be just like a sleepover! I'll run and ask her, gimme a second!" She cheered, speeding out of the room, down the hallway. Y/n smiled to herself. Isabella was like a sister to her; they'd known each other since they were in diapers. They had a great time, each and every summer day, with their friends and it'd been the best summer ever so far! But she felt like something was missing, her epic summer romance. Not that she'd ever be able to ask out the guy she liked without stuttering and blushing her way out of the room, but it was nice to imagine the possibilities.

She was startled from her fantasies by Isabella, who clicked her fingers in front of her eyes. "Did you hear me? Mum said you can stay over; we just have to go and get your things from home. Are you alright? You looked like you were off in another world."

"Hmm, yea, it's nothing. I'll tell you later. Let's go grab my stuff!" She grinned, taking Isabella's hand as they ran across the street to Y/n's home.

Y/n jumped, snatching the key from its hiding place above the door frame and unlocked her door, beckoning Isabella inside as they threw their shoes down on the porch, running inside. They tore down the hallway into her bedroom, Isabella leaping onto the comfy bed, swinging her legs over the edge as Y/n dropped an old backpack next to her. Y/n sped around, grabbing everything that wasn't already stored at Isabella's place and shoving it unceremoniously into the bag. She fed her goldfish and smiled up at Isabella, who was taking her things and packing them in more gently than Y/n had been.