CH:5- Wanting to be with YOU

Morning All! I'll be uploading the next part on Sunday. Also, I'll try to be more regular with updates from next week. Happy Reading🤓 & Stay Safe😊.

____________________________

It was Saturday morning, Haseena was busy cooking and making lunch boxes for the upcoming week while talking to Pushpa Ji who was helping her with chopping when Karishma came upstairs.

"Can you please, lower the volume of the TV, I am having a hard time working?" she said out loud while looking at Pushpa Ji.

Haseena turned and looked at her, "It's not that loud," she said as she wiped off the sweat from her temple with the back of her hand.

"Haan! Kaha loud hai," Pushpa Ji agreed, and "This is your tenth time coming up and saying the same thing. Is it really the TV you are after?" she asked with a smirk.

Karishma's eyes widened at her mother's response, she looked at Haseena who was staring at her with a bit of agitation.

"Of course what else could it be?" she snarked.

"No, I am just saying because it seems like you are more interested in what is going on here than your work," Pushpa Ji said casually.

Karishma ignored her mother's statement and looked at Haseena whose back was facing her now and she was busy cooking something, "I'm hungry. Are you coming down?" She asked dryly.

"Haseena invited us for lunch," she said.

"She didn't invite me. So, once you are done with your lunch, come and make me some food," Karishma said grumpily and went downstairs.

"Didn't I tell you this in the morning?" Pushpa Ji said out loud. But ignoring her mother, she continued to descend.

Haseena leaned over the railing to look at her retreating figure. "What is up with her?" she looked at Pushpa Ji.

"I don't know. Kal se mood kharab hai, madam ka. Batati bhi nahi kuch," Pushpa Ji shrugged off her shoulder and started to get up.

"Aap kaha ja rahi hai?" Haseena inquired.

"Khana banane! Order nahi suna madam ka," Pushpa Ji was about to step down when Haseena almost ran towards her.

"Kahin nahi jaa rahi hai aap. Mein jati hoon bulane. Meri galti hai, muje aap dono ko kehana chayie tha," Haseena said as she held Pushpa Ji's arm and dragged her back to the dining table.

"Chila na dae tum per, guess mai gaye hai," Pushpa Ji warned her.

"Koi baat nahi, aadat ho gayi hai muje inki daant sunane ki...in thode se dino mein," she said while looking at Pushpa, "Bas panch minute di jiye, mein table arrange karlo."

Pushpa Ji nodded and looked at her endearingly.

After arranging the table, Haseena told Pushpa Ji to keep an eye on Misha who was coloring as she started moving downstairs to fetch Karishma.

Haseena looked around the living room, kitchen, and dining hall, she was nowhere to be found. She took a few steps and asked Pushpa Ji about her.

"Check her room," Pushpa Ji said.

Haseena went back and knocked on her door. "Aa jaye," she heard her saying. She pushed the door gently and while standing on the doorstep, she said, "Miss Singh, food is ready. Please, come and have it."

Karishma looked at her face and couldn't take her eyes off for a few moments. Her cheeks have turned red due to continuous cooking and there were sweat beads on her forehead that were trickling down to her face. She found her captivating at that moment.