Once Upon a Dream

I pack clothes, books, and some food and water. Enough to last me a few days. I look back at my mirror.

"Miri, will you tell my friends that I'm sorry? And that I said goodbye?" I ask.

There's a pause that lasts a second or two.

"You're leaving?" Miri responds.

I nod. I can't stand being here and seeing my friends everyday without being able to talk to them.

"Okay. I'll tell them. Please stay safe Gilly. Don't get hurt, and find a good place to stay. I'll tell Flora what's going on so that you don't get dragged back here." Miri says.

I feel tears start streaming down my face.

"Thank you Miri." I say through the tears.

I use a rope that's attached to my hip and climb out the window.

I'll miss my friends. I'll miss this school. I'll even miss the teachers. I don't want to leave but I have to. Maybe once upon a dream I wouldn't have to, but this is no dream.

I reach the moat around the school and whistle, calling to Maximus. Maximus immediately comes to me and I climb on the pegasus, flying to the back of the school.

I climb of when we reach a cliff with a great view of the stars. We're still on campus but I have a minute to look up at the stars.

I walk to the edge of the cliff and look up at the amazing view I have. I've seen these stars millions of times before, they've been helping me feel with everything going on.

I take a deep breath of fresh air. I love being outside.

"Gilly! Don't do it!" I hear a voice behind me yell.

Startled, I spin around to see who was behind me, as I do I loose my footing and begin to fall backwards!

I let out a small scream and I reach out a hand, but it's too late. I'm falling.