Rebles

Everyone is coming to talk to me. EVERYONE. Why? Because I run faster than they do. You'd think I saved Enchantasia or something!

"She's not that special. Sure she can run, but that doesn't make her special. She's almost as bad as Gillian was." I hear Anna say from the back of the crowd of people.

Is she seriously hating on her dead sister? Wow.

"Yeah. Before you know it, this girl will be claiming metals and trophies even though she didn't do anything." Hansel agrees.

I roll my eyes and push through the crowd to get to my dorm room.

"Excuse me. Coming through. Sorry." I say as I reach my room.

I open the door and walk into my dorm, quickly closing the door behind me so that no one else can get in.

"Looks like you're pretty famous now." Kayla says, not looking up from her book.

"I guess so. All I did was run faster than everyone. I don't understand what all the yelling is about." I reply, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"I heard you set the track on fire." Kayla points out, still not looking at me.

"It was an accident! And it was only a small fire!" I respond quickly.

Kayla finally looks at me and raises her eyebrow.

"Only a small fire? I heard you set the fire just from running! How is that even possible?" Kayla exclaims.

"I don't know! I was mad okay? Anna and her little group of candy stealing bullies decided that it would be a good idea to call me slow." I explain.

Kayla nods then goes back to reading their book.

"Kayla. Harlow wants to see you in her office for the-" Miri begins.

"Right! Yes! Thank you!" Kayla interrupts quickly.

I raise an eyebrow at Kayla.

Why did she not want me to hear the rest of what Miri had to say? Does it have to do with me? Does it have to do with Alva?

Kayla excuses herself and quickly walks out of the room.

A realization comes over to me and slaps me in the face.

Kayla is one of the rebels. She's one of the people that Alva wants me to capture.

If Kayla is one of the rebels, who are the other 4?

I'm kidding myself. Of course I know who they are.

Jocelyn, Ollie, Maxine, Kayla, and Jax are the rebels fighting against Alva.

Which means no matter who's plan I go with... I'm doomed.