Join Her?

Heather waited outside of Alva's office for a few minutes before the door finally opened and a girl about Heather's age stumbled out.

The girl was crying into her hands and her blonde hair was sticking to her face.

"Are you alright miss? What's wrong? What happened?" Heather asked.

The girl didn't answer. She just pushed Heather out of the way and ran out the door.

Wow, what happened to her? Did Alva do that? Is it her fault that girl is crying? Heather thought to herself.

"Miss Heather. Please come in." Alva invites.

Heather enters the room and is face to face with Alva.

"Heather, I assume?" Alva says.

"Yes. I am Heather. You needed to talk to me?" Heather responds, looking anywhere except for at Alva.

"Yes child. You have skill. Exactly the type of skill that I want on my side. Join me." Alva says, holding her hand out to Heather.

"I- thank you Alva, but may I have some time to think it over?" Heather asks, hesitating.

Alva scowls at the request but nods after a moment.

Heather thanks Alva for her time then heads off to her dorm.

Heather shares a dorm with Kayla now, even though Kayla is rarely there.

As soon as Heather bursts into the room she is surprised to see 5 people sitting on the bed opposite hers.

"Hello. You must be my new roommate." the blonde girl with amber eyes says.

"I'm not really new anymore. I've been here for 2 months." Heather replies.

There's a long pause.

"Right. Well, I'm Jax, this is Kayla, Maxine, Ollie, and Jocelyn." the blonde boy with violet eyes introduces, pointing to each person in turn.

Most of the people were expecting Heather to comment on the boy's eyes, but she doesn't. She doesn't even seem surprised by it. Why should she be? She's seen violet eyes many times before. They've always been the same eyes though.

"I'm Heather. I moved in here 2 months ago. I've seen most of you before." Heather says.

There's another moment where no one says anything. The only sounds heard during those moments were the ticking of the clock and the soft sound the wind makes as it brushes past people and items.

"Well, it's been nice meeting all of you but it's 7:00 and I would like to get to sleep early, so if you could leave that would be great." Heather breaks the silence.

Jax, Jocelyn, Maxine, and Ollie all leave the room without another word.

Kayla stays to sleep in her dorm for the first time in months and soon both Heather and Kayla are asleep in their beds.

The only thing Heather could dream of was the request Alva made.

Should she join her? No. She really shouldn't. But the consequences of refusing were terrible.