Griffins and Dragons and Cliffhangers Oh My!

3rd person POV

Heather closes her eyes. She has to pick. Pick one or the other.

Alva or Harlow. No, it's not just picking between Alva or Harlow, it's picking between you or those kids wearing the cloaks. Heather thought.

Heather looked between the group of cloaked figures and the guards.

Choices, choices. Take your pick. It won't matter. Or don't pick. Get on the roof over there. Wait there while the griffin and the dragon get here. It won't take too long. Heather's thoughts told her.

She didn't know what to do, but that sounded like a start.

Heather quickly jumped to the rooftop, her feet not making a single sound.

"Where is she? She should have tackled them by now!" Heather hears Alva's voice in her ear.

Alva didn't know where Heather was. This was good for Heather. It meant that Heather would be safe for now.

"Find her! She will be killed for making the plan not work!" Alva demands.

Heather feels her heartbeat speed up as the guards from around Harlow and the rebels begin to come out of hiding.

They're going to kill them. And it's going to be all my fault... No. She will come. A griffin and a dragon will make a wonderful distraction and I will be able to get them out of there. I will be able to make things right. I will show this world what I'm made of. No one knows who I really am inside, but they will know soon. They will see soon. They will learn soon. I may have been here long ago, but after I left I became faster, I became smarter, I became stronger, I became better, and now I'm good enough to save them. All of them. Heather thinks to herself.

Boom! Crash! Shatter!

A nearby shop window explodes as one of Alva's guards decides to take a shortcut.

Crap! Now would be a great time for you to arrive Sunny and Midnight!

And then, like magic, a griffin and a dragon come out of nowhere and land on both sides of Heather.

Sunny, Heather's griffin with golden fur and feathers, roars in a way of announcing its presents.

Midnight, Heather's friend's dragon with midnight blue and dark purple scales, let's out a long breath of fire.

"Finally!" Heather says, letting out a breath that she didn't know she had been holding.

There's a moment when no one speaks. No one knows what to say. No one knows what to do. It's quite shocking (sarcasm) that none of them have ever been in a situation quite like this one before.

Finally, Alva breaks the silence, though it might have been better for everyone to have stayed in a silent shock forever.

"Heather! You traitor! I'll have your head for this! Get down here right now you lying brat!" Alva screeches.

Heather sighs.

"You just don't get it, do you? I don't have to be here. I can be everywhere and nowhere at the same time! I can be everyone and no one. I don't have to listen to you!" Heather yells back.

This made Alva very, very angry.

"Why you little, lying, bratty, traitor! Bring me her head!" Alva orders her army.

Soon, all of Alva's guards are on the rooftop with Heather and her animal friends. One unfortunate fighter tried to attack Heather from behind. Sunny didn't like that at all.

A group of the army tried to attack all at once and immediately regretted it when midnight had to sneeze.

Heather ends up fighting three guards at the same time. At one point she's surrounded and does a backflip over one of the swords coming toward her, and lands outside of the circle.

Heather, Sunny, and Midnight finish fighting within 5 minutes.

"Alright. I'm sick of this already. It's been three months." Heather mutters to herself.

Heather jumps off the roof, going into a series of front flips, which makes an item fly from her head. An item that no one knew was on her head.

Heather lands next to the item without a sound. She looks up, her eyes meeting all of the other eyes in front of her, but finally her eyes meet shocked, violet ones.

A smile comes to 'Heather's' face.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you..."

Yes I did.