Rewind

Rewind
                      Three Months earlier
           2nd person pound of view (reader)

You were falling. Falling fast. Well, not really. That's what everyone thought though.

In reality, you're holding onto the bottom of this cliff as if your life depends on it... well, it kind of does.

You do feel kind of bad about this. You hate that you're making him think he accidentally killed you, but this is the only way. The only way you can save this dimension, and him.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I wish there was another way, but I'll come back soon. I promise. I won't just leave. I'll be back.

You hear a scream and you hear someone start crying.

It's him. You just know it.

Your heart is breaking. You feel so sorry.

After a few minutes you hear him walk away, still crying.

You quickly climb back over the cliff and run into the woods.

This wasn't the original plan but it will work just as well, you guess.

You run for hours, never stopping once.

Find the cabin, defeat the evil lady, save the fairy's family, tell everyone I'm not dead and why I had to fake my death. You think the list of things that you need to do.

In that order? Or maybe I can tell everyone I'm not dead sooner. You think.

"I wish I didn't have to do this." You say out loud to yourself.

But you're part of an organization of yous. There are millions of you. Some of you brought their friends into the organization to help all of you, but you didn't. You couldn't. You can't put anyone in danger again.

Soon you reach the cabin in the middle of the woods. It's protected by thousands of spells, so you can only see it or notice it if you've been there before.

You enter the cabin after typing in password, after password until you finally reach the living room.

"Hey." You hear a voice behind you say.

You turn around and see yourself. Like you're standing in a mirror.

You quickly wipe tears from your eyes, but your 'reflection' doesn't mirror your actions.

"Hi." You say back in a small voice.

"You're not alone. You're one of us." The person asks you.

You nod your head, knowing they're right.

"You know that you can do this, right? That we're here for you?" The ask.

"Yes, I know." You whisper.

"Do you know who you are though?" They ask.

You nod your head.

"Then tell me. What's your name? Who are you?" They ask.

"I am..."