Date!

Y/n POV
Tw: mild cat-calling and inappropriate remarks

Bruno had woken me up earlier this morning to ask me out on a date. He had given me a simple handcrafted necklace and my favorite snack and although it was a small gesture, I couldn't help but smile at the gifts.
While I do like big things every once and a while, homemade gifts made specially with me in mind made me so happy.

I looked at the time and realized it was still pretty early, not even Abuela was up this early. I had two options... sleep in or get ready.
My heart screamed to sleep in seeing as my eyes had weights on them making them close for long periods of time but the adult mother in me said it was time to get ready for the day.

Sadly I listen to the adult in me and wiped the tiredness out of my eyes sadly. I kept the necklace on and places my snacks on my bedside to eat later, searching through the drawers for an outfit appropriate for tonight.
Apart of me knew he was taking me to the place we always went to but I also knew it wouldn't be plain there. When he goes all out, he goes all out on everything.

Placing my nice dress off to the side on my bed for later I grabbed a much more casual outfit for the day. A nice blouse and skirt, the blouse being a dark green and the skirt black with a few pops of green and white here at there. It wasn't a new dress but Mirabel made it for me recently and I felt I needed to show her creation off.

By now the sun had fully woken up, a few rays of its light decorating my bed and walls.
I went to a mirror and fixed my hair aswell as a little lipstick that pulled the look together. I felt a lot prettier today for some reason, it could be the wonderful new piece of jewelry I was given or my new outfit but I felt like I was 22 again.

I smiled at myself before making my way out the door to Elena's room. I could see a few madrigals in the courtyard already, setting up for the day and breakfast. Pulled from my thoughts as Elena opened her door making me jump.

"Goodmorning, Mama! You look very pretty today!" She said with a smile, she was clearly in a good mood which made me very happy.
"You think so? It's not to much right?" I asked now a little shy at the complement. She shook her head no and gave me a hug before heading downstairs herself, I followed not to far behind.

Once everyone was at the table I noticed Bruno was gone making me a little anxious. Everyone had somewhat of a feeling of uneasiness at this simply out of worry but brushed it off and began to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked for Bruno all throughout the village, at first out of curiosity but now I began to get a little worried at the fact no one had seen him since last night.
I began to walk twords the edge of the town where we used to meet at before two guys stopped me.

"Hey hot stuff! What you doing at this part of town?" I heard one of them yell.
I ignored them with a closed fist, I was to worried to deal with a bunch of little boys who thirst over anything.
"Hey, why so rude we just wanna know why a foxy thing like you is doing all alone? Need someone to keep you company?" He purred annoyingly as his friend egged him on.

"Can you shut up?" I say before making my way to me and Brunos area before a hand grabbed my arm.
"Wait... I know you. You're the chick Bruno Madrigal married years ago huh? What, he leave you alone again? A lady like you shouldn't be treated like that... you should be treated with..." He grew alarmingly close for comfort, now his hand laid on my hip before he continued.