Chapter 2

"Holy fuck." You had to be kidding him. He'd just somehow wandered into Las Nevadas, middle district 5. The gambling hub. Villain mania, if you will. 

This is the place where villains and heros alike come to gamble and or get information. Las Nevadas is owned, founded, and ran by the villain Jackpot. 

Jackpot isn't quite a villain, but he isn't a vigilante or hero either. He's just called a villain because he took over a district and turned it into a gambling city.

No experienced hero or vigilante dares try to arrest him. Jackpot's power is allows him to shape-shift, and though he usually uses his original form, he always gets away. Many new hero's and vigilantes have tried, but most of the time they don't even get close enough to even see him.

Jackpot is highly protected with guards and other villains. Mainly because, if you want to know something, he's your guy. Jackpot, for the right price, will tell you just about anything. Also because he's loaded enough to buy guards.

He has eyes all over the city, he sees and hears everything. His prices are.. so to say... high, though. You don't even have to pay in cash, you can even pay in valuable items if you have something that he wants too. 

Tommy walked out further onto the Main Street. You could see lights everywhere. Just imagine Las Vegas, but brighter and it's full of heros, villains, and vigilantes looking for information and some place to sell magical items. He had literally no clue where to go, let alone how to get home.

He could hear faint noises of gambling machines and cheers and scoffs from all around him as he walked down the sidewalk. He'd held it off for a while, but maybe he'd have to visit an old friend here anyways. 

He still had no idea how to reach said friend. District 5 was the last and biggest in the inner district. He'd definitely not be asking anyone here for directions, that'd probably be a death sentence. A sixteen year old boy(even if he and his documents said he was eighteen, courtesy of his good friend) should not be in Las Nevadas, especially at midnight, the peak of the villain activity here. 

You could even access the underword(Yes, Under-word. Tommy doesn't know why it's call something as shitty as that either,) here. It's basically the black market, but physical. You can find and buy information there, and even attend the auctions held by Ace. You'd have to go in a disguise, that is. At least a mask would do. 

Unfortunately for him, he had to get to the underword to find the person he needed. He had no mask, so maybe he could find one in a dumpster or something. Dropped by some cosplaying child, or running vigilante. 

He turned off of the main street and walked into an alleyway. There was a box or two in here, full of dress up items. Some dude must've dropped their child's old toys off here. He started to dig through the box, and soon enough he found two things he would take. Fingerless gloves that fit him just right, and a makeshift black mask that covered most of the top half of his face, his hair covering the rest.

This ought to be good enough, he guessed, putting the mask and gloves on. At least they didn't stink like shit.