Chapter 16

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Enjoy your Halloween treat

Quick A/N before this chapter starts, some people asked what kind of avian Tommy is! I never actually thought about it. I'd like to believe Tommy is like a super watered down concoction of so many different bird breeds you just cannot tell anything besides that he is a songbird. He's like a stray dog on the street that is such a mutt not even vets can figure out what it is

Also if you couldn't tell, the rest of this chapter after he falls asleep is a dream/flashback

———

Eventually he finished the entire bowl, surprised with himself. He doesn't know how he managed to stomach that entire thing without getting sick.

Now that he's full and already exhausted, he's basically falling asleep at the table. He leans back in his chair for a moment, eyes lazily looking down at the empty bowl.

"Tired?" Wilbur asks, getting off the stool and walking back over to him, "Think you can walk now?"

Tommy scowled and looked away, "Of course I can."

Wilbur snorted, walking beside him and reaching an arm behind his back, careful of his wings, and one under his knees, picking him up bridal style. Tommy let out a loud, shocked chirp and clamped his mouth shut, glaring at Wilbur with metaphorical fire in his eyes.

Wilbur didn't say anything, just carrying him over to the still open room. He sat Tommy on the bed and went over to the corner where all those blankets still were. He picked a bunch of them and dumped them at the end of the bed on the floor.

"If you want more I'm sure you can scoot over and grab them."

Tommy just glared at him, for once too tired to make any pissy quips. 

Wilbur walked back over to the door and walked out, briefly turning around to say, "Goodnight Tommy."

He flicked the light off and shut the door, leaving Tommy all alone in the dark. It was lonely and suffocating, but he couldn't do anything about it. Luckily it seems his eyes had adapted to see even better in the dark, so it could be worse.

Tommy pulled his knees tight to his chest and hugged himself. He rested his chin on his knees and looked blankly at the wall. He shifted his gaze down where the blankets peaked out.

He had no idea what he was supposed to do with those. They looked soft, yes, but no one needs that many blankets.

(That new traitorous part of his head screeched at him)

Tommy used a hand to grab one of his wings; which were undeniably his. There was no buts about it, no matter how impossible this situation was. 

Even in the dark, Tommy could see how the red feathers slowly faded into gold and then to white streaks at the bottom. It didn't seem like any specific type of bird, but that wasn't uncommon in a city as big as L'Manburg.