Chapter 5

Quackity, Karl, and Sapnap just sat on that same table for his entire shift. That's right, that means they sat on a table, constantly ordering and paying for more snacks and shit while on their phones for hours. Perks of being rich, am I right? Or maybe they just had too much time of their hands.

He did, however, notice how Quackity kept glancing over at him. Though, whenever Tommy caught him staring, he would swiftly look away just as fast and pretend nothing happened. 

Tommy's guess was he was probably worried about him. I mean, who wouldn't be? Tommy had been acting fairly suspicious lately.

Quackity has always been the kind of person to be overly protective when it comes to Tubbo, too. Parents, eh? Tommy internally laughed to himself.

It was already about 10:30 by the time he looked back at the digital clock hanging over the counter with slow blinking red numbers. A boring day passes quickly, I guess. He went to the closet out his cleaning supplies. Er, well, he tried to at least.

 You see, Tommy could usually easily heal others, but when it came to himself, not so much. Not only was what happened earlier fairly severe, he was healing himself. On top of the nausea there was side effects.

It's not like Tommy hasn't healed himself before. He definitely has. He usually heals things like his own hunger or being tired. Of course, side effects for doing that included being extra fatigued or being way more hungry than originally when you finally do eat. It's a pain in his ass, he says. 

Well, anyways. He tried grabbing the cleaning supplies this time, this time succeeding instead of stumbling. 

He took the washcloth and wiped down the front counter and scrubbed all the nooks and crannies he could reach. After that, he grabbed the dustpan and broom and got to work with that.

 He completely acted as if he couldn't feel three pairs eyes eyes on him as he sleepily swept up the floor. As if. He might've been sixteen, but he wasn't stupid.

He chose to just ignore it, beginning to wipe down chairs and tables. It wasn't a very busy day, that meant there wasn't much to clean up.

 He then remembered something. He had completely forgotten the mess in the kitchen. That's be awkward coming in and out of the kitchen with bloody towels though. Tommy turned around and faced the table the three last remaining customers were sat.

"Alright, we're closing now. I just have to stay for a little longer to clean the kitchen." Tommy said, hoping he didn't sound too suspicious and wasn't questioned.

The three exchanged some looks, but then stood up and walked to the door. 

"Alright Tommy, but you stay safe, alright? Especially at this time at night."

"I know, Q. I will." He reassured him.

Quackity waved to him and the three of them left the bakery.