A Promsie

"All of these lines across my face

Tell you the story of who I am

So many stories of where I've been

And how I got to where I am"

This was one of the rare days Keith was alone in the house. Krolia had a day off work and had taken the twins out to the park for the day, a girls day she had called it. Lance was at work until three so Keith had the house to himself. Hence why he was in the studio he had in the basement where his instruments and song books were.

"But these stories don't mean anything

When you've got no one to tell them to

It's true, I was made for you"

He was glad he had listened to his friend's advice and told Lance about his worries, about him being scared of Lance leaving again. His heart was still in the healing process but knowing Lance was here to stay, it made him feel a little better.

"I climbed across the mountaintops

Swam across the ocean blue

I cross over lines and I broke all the rules

But baby, I broke them all for you

Oh, because even when I was flat broke

You made me feel like a million bucks

You do, and I was made for you"

Lance pulled up to the house with a smile on his face. His boss had let him go home early and Lance had time to stop at a specific store to pick something up. Ever since Keith had expressed his anxiety and worries, Lance had a plan to show Keith he had nothing to worry about and that he was here to stay.

"You see the smile that's on my mouth

It's hiding the words that don't come out

And all of the friends who think that I'm blessed

They don't know my head is a mess"

As soon as Lance entered the house, he was confused. The house seemed almost empty, almost. He heard the faint sound of singing coming from the basement, he knew where Keith was. Heading downstairs, he peeked through the cracked open door and saw Keith sitting on the red beanbag chair, a guitar in his arms, and his back to the door.

"No, they don't know who I really am

And they don't know what I've been through

Like you do, and I was made for you"

He smiled as he heard Keith singing, it was something he never got tired of hearing. He loved hearing Keith sing and he knew their girls did as well, given that they asked him to sing them to sleep on most days.

"All of these lines across my face

Tell you the story of who I am

So many stories of where I've been

And how I got to where I am

But these stories don't mean anything

When you've got no one to tell them to

It's true that I was made for you, oh yeah

Well, it's true that I was made for you"

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing you sing," Lance said as he entered the studio room. Keith flinched softly and turned to face Lance, a faint smile on his face as Lance walked into the room and sat on the blue beanbag chair.