Chapter 11- The Fight

Oikawa and I ran into the gym. The frustrating groans of pain filled the air. Kageyama was on top of Iwa attempting to throw a punch at him as Iwa tried pushing him away. 

" Hajime. Tobio. " Oikawa said firmly loud enough to make the whole gym go silent. 

Daichi stumbled in confused, but furious. Kageyama and Iwa quickly got up attempting to hide the evidence that there was ever a fight at all, but Iwa's bleeding lip and Kageyama's faint black eye already starting to form was doing them any favor. Blood dripped from Iwa's lip forming a puddle on his practice jersey. 

"Both of you take a walk, both of you will be reprimanded in the morning," Daichi said crossing his arms with a disappointing glare on his face. 

I could see Victoria on the other side of the room looking shocked and confused as ever with slight tears forming in her eyes. Daichi walked over to where Oikawa and I were standing. 

"I'm sorry," he stated, "Kageyama knows better, " Daichi said, as Iwa and Kageyama slowly dispersed from the crime scene. 

"No worries!" Oikawa said with an exaggerated and cocky smile, "Iwa knows better than that," Oikawa said putting a hand on his chest with the worst fake humility this world has ever seen. 

"We can inform the coaches later, what matters now is that everyone needs to go to bed," Daichi said, "Ally, Can you please help put away the equipment and make sure everyone heads to sleep," Daichi continued. 

"Sure, no problem," I replied. I looked around, but I couldn't see where Victoria had gone. 

'She must be tired' I thought to myself. I helped put away the volleyballs and escort everyone out, by the time I finished cleaning up the gym it was already 11:30 at night.

I locked up the gym with the keys Daichi had lent me, all the captains were given a spare gym key for extra practice time. "About time, you finished up," Someone said. I jumped and quickly turned to see Oikawa leaning on the wall outside the gym. "You gave me a heart attack, I could have died you know? Is scaring the shit out of people a hobby of yours? Or is this a form of flirting to you? Either way not the most pleasant thing in the world," I said playing with the keychain. "Ha! Yeah, dying because of a deviously handsome captain was waiting outside, that's a first, and for your information, it is not, but making your heart beat faster is one," He said smirking. "I figured you could use the company walking back to Karasuno's room," Oikawa said. "Ah yes to protect me from another you, lurking in the shadows of the hallways," I say sarcastically.

"Oh c'mon you know it's cheesy and cute," He adds cockily, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

I scoff, "What is this?" I say gesturing to his arm. "What? Not used to the feeling of strong dudes having their arm around you?" He says.

 "Wow aren't you the charmer," I add, "What I originally mean was since when did I give you permission to wrap your arm around me?" I say. 

"Never, just figured you might enjoy it," Oikawa says shrugging and taking his arm off my shoulder as we continued walking. The warmth of his mussels left my shoulders cold as he took his arm off. 

"I never said I didn't enjoy it," I muttered. "Well then," He said returning his arm around my shoulder and continuing to walk down the hallway in silence, before exchanging a whisper of 'Goodnights' before entering the room to sleep.

This place was exhausting.

Oikawa was exhausting.

The Next Day

I tried. 

I tried so hard to think about all the scenarios in which today could go, but yet I came up empty-handed. I couldn't predict anything. Today felt like nothing was in my control, my whole life felt "out of wack". 

I knew it wasn't just me who felt this way the whole cafeteria was practically silent, only whispers filled the air as I walked into the cafeteria. I sat down at the "usual" table that was completely silent now, I looked around for Victoria, but she was nowhere to be found. I grabbed my food, and sat down next to Oikawa, soon later Kageyama sat down silently next to me. 

"Where's Victoria?" I asked Kageyama.

"I don't know, not my problem," Kageyama said playing with his food.

I rolled my eyes and turned to look at Oikawa, as I munched on my breakfast.

"Eh you know, the best a person can sleep on a matt on the floor," He shrugged continuing to eat his breakfast, "How did you sleep, Tobio?"

I think that name struck a nerve because you could here Kageyama grit his teeth over the silence.

"Fine, Toru," Kageyama said.