Chapter XV: Rock Bottom

The world is ending for Adagio Dazzle after she is confronted by a very harsh truth. The world only sees her as a monster and it is right. She doesn't deserve anymore kindness nor the friends she has. Even her love for a fiery girl is wrong, making Adagio realize that she would be much better off without the siren in her life. Now it's time to fade to black, knowing that she is evil and that can never change. Can things ever get better from here?
DISCLAIMER: This story does contain mentions of alcohol, slight violence, the feelings that life isn't worth it and/or suicidal thoughts, fire, profanity, mentions of a gun, suicidal thoughts and attempts, mentions of a snake, and small mentions to drugs and poison. Overall, this is supposed to be a romance fiction, but if these things are not to your liking, I would urge you to click off this story.
Notes: Hey, everyone! I hope everyone enjoys this new chapter! I know it's particularly dark and depressing, but we have one more chapter to go, so let's see where it goes~ As always, thank you ALL for the support you've given me so far and enjoy the show!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter XV: Rock Bottom

Closing my eyes, I wipe the tears away from my face as I walk down the sidewalk. She deserves better... No matter what I try to convince myself, I know this is the truth. The world deserves better. Sunset spent so much time trying to convince me that I am not the same as before. She even put that much effort into trying to convince her friends... She shouldn't do that for a monster. A manipulative monster who dragged herself back into Sunset's life. I never should have hurt them...

I am evil... Ever since my conception, there's always been that spark to dominate and crush the world under me. I wasn't looking for approval from other sirens... I was trying to accept myself. I always wanted to rule the world and in the process, I hurt the one I love and her friends. I suppose even monsters can love, but the difference between monsters and people? Clenching my fist, I try to wipe the tears away before they fall down my cheek, walking through the light mist of rain. People deserve love. Monsters don't...

Again, my phone buzzes, notifying me of a text message. No matter how much I tell myself to ignore it, my mind makes me look at each one, reminding myself how much I don't deserve what I want. There's no room in this world for me... I don't deserve the life where I wanted to conquer everyone and I don't get to have the life where I just want to feel her touch one more time.

Flipping open the phone, I look at the screen and see the phone number texting me. Despite deleting the name and picture I put under the contact, I can still recognize the number as clear as day. "Adagio? Where are you? It's been a couple hours now and you're still not here?" A sad smile comes to my face, trying to resist the urge to turn back or type a response into my phone. "It's alright if you decided not to come... I'm just worried about you."

Slipping it back into my pocket, I shake my head and feel another tear slide down my cheek. I guess the cold atmosphere of the rain can perfectly hide them though, so it doesn't matter much... It's better for me to disappear from her life... She needs to find someone else. A better friend... It shouldn't be that hard, given the fact that I've never been that great of a friend. Creatures like me don't deserve friendship or anything more. Well, at least I don't... Maybe others do, after they find out the true meaning of what's wrong and right.

Even Sonata and Aria deserve their happy endings. I was the one who led them to this life... I manipulated them. I was born with a cold and dead heart, right? Bringing my hands to my head, I let a few cries out, not caring if anyone else sees the pain I display. It doesn't matter anymore. Every last shred of pride and honor has left my body at this point, letting me show my weakness as bright as the day. I'm weak for a girl with fiery hair and eyes like the ocean... I can't be a good fit for her, so the best thing to do is leave her, isn't it?