Chapter XVI: Show Your True Colors

The final hour has come for Adagio, giving her one final chance to fix her reality, but in what way? Time ticks down, closing in on her own happiness. The final choice comes ever closer, forcing this former siren to decide whether it's better to live life as a monster or something more. Her future hangs in the balance, but the real question? Will she make the right choice? Adagio Dazzle, former leader of the sirens, finally confronts all her fears, throwing caution to the wind. Now it's time to see if this siren will ever have that happy ending...

DISCLAIMER: This story does contain mentions of alcohol, slight violence, the feelings that life isn't worth it and/or suicidal thoughts, fire, profanity, mentions of a gun, suicidal thoughts and attempts, mentions of a snake, and small mentions to drugs and poison. Overall, this is supposed to be a romance fiction, but if these things are not to your liking, I would urge you to click off this story.

Author's notes are at the end of the chapter~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter XVI: Show Your True Colors

Feeling the cold sheets over me, I can't help but sigh quietly to myself. It's always the worst kind of mornings when even your bed is cold, despite the full night of sleep you spent in it. Slowly, I flip over on my other side and breathe heavily as I wrap my arm around her, smiling to myself. The warm glow of sunlight pours into our room, basking her beautiful skin in a glowing hue as I pull myself closer to her, resting my head on her shoulder. Despite the time of day, a part of me never wants to leave this position. I never want to let her go in general. I can't help but love this summer mist of mine, giving me a new reason to live each and every day.

The white room's cool temperature and bright walls can't help but amplify my own feelings about this situation we're in. A small chuckle escapes my lips as I feel her arm wrap around me, her lips lowering onto my forehead. Her hand slowly raises to my head, gently scratching it and providing me a great deal of comfort instantly. "Huh, you're awake early~" her warm voice says in the same kind tone she always uses. Both of her arms wrap around me tightly, sighing happily in our embrace.

"Well, I was cold. Why else would I be awake?" I tease with a wink, causing Sunset to giggle to herself. Rubbing my head, Sunset looks outside the window for a moment, yawning and stretching slightly.

"Cold, huh? Well, maybe getting dressed would help that predicament~" Sunset teases me as she gets out of our bed, a humorous look dawning on her.

"Do we really have to get out of bed?" I ask in an exasperated yawn, pulling the covers over me once more.

"Yes, we do~ We can't just spend the day inside. We promised we would help Applejack with her harvest today," Sunset explains as she points at the clock.

"Yeah, but that's in two hours..."

"And you woke me up, so we're going early, alligator~" In a moment, Sunset pulls the blanket off of me, smiling as she pulls out a pair of jeans from the dresser. "Besides, the quicker you comply, the quicker we can get home and cuddle some more~" A defeated sigh escapes my lips, catching the pants Sunset tosses to me with ease. Rubbing my eyes a bit more, I giggle slightly, standing up from the bed and pulling the jeans on.

"It's not fair. You know I love that nickname." Sunset laughs quietly at my response ruffling my hair in the process of pulling her shirt on.

"You love it because of me~ If it wasn't for me, then you would hate it," she taunts me, handing me a pair of socks. Even though it was a joke, her statement is true. There's no way I'd love that nickname without her influence. It seems a lot of things I love or do regularly now are directly inspired by her, even if I don't mean for it to be. I suppose that's normal for people who love each other, right? Love...