free desserts - m.m.

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy!

It was no doubt that Mason was in love with Y/N. He loved her the minute that he laid eyes on her for the first time. When the two of them met, Y/N was the official photographer for Chelsea. She was new to the job and Mason was the first person that she met.

"Hey! You dropped this," a voice called out, Y/N spun around to see a soccer player approach her, holding up a small chip in his hand.

"My SD card!" She grabbed the card from his hand and held it to her chest, "I've been looking for this for so long thank you!" She thanked him.

"No problem. I'm Mason," he introduced, extending his hand. She shook his hand nicely, smiling gently at the soccer player who was really really attractive.

Soon after that, Mason was quick to ask her out. He enjoyed everything about her. Y/N was so funny, caring, and she was always supportive of everything that Mason wanted to do. The pair have been dating for three years and every day Mason felt more and more in love.

He knew that he wanted to marry her. With Valentine's Day approaching, he tried to figure out the perfect opportunity to propose to the girl he loved.

"The ring is massive man," Ben gasped, examining the rock that was held firmly in the small velvet box. Mason decided to go buy a ring for Y/N, and so of course, he brought his teammate along to help correctly pick out a ring.

"Do you think it's nice?" He asked unsurely of himself. He liked her and didn't want to mess anything up.

"Trust me, Mason, the ring is fine. Hell, you might even break her finger with that thing," he joked, bumping shoulders with his teammate, making Mason chuckle. He secured the box and shoved it in this back pocket for safekeeping.

"So tell me about your plan?" Ben asked him, placing a hand on Mason's shoulder. Mason took a deep breath and folded his arm across his chest.

"I was thinking on Valentine's Day. I surprise her with lots of flowers, take her to her favorite restaurant, and then pop the question," He explained to his friend, recounting all the details of his ambitious plan. It was simple but knowing Y/N; she liked simple.

"That seems simple enough. Sounds perfect," Ben complimented, Mason, nodding in agreement. Once he bought the ring, the talented Chelsea player started preparing for the big day. Valentine's Day was next week, so he had only had a small time to make sure everything was perfect; perfect for his perfect girl.

_

FRIDAY: T-minus 3 Days til Valentine's Day.

His adrenaline kicked in. So far, Y/N had no clue about the proposal. Mason tried to play it off as normally as possible. He made sure o give the ring to Declan, just so Y/N wouldn't unexpectedly find it somewhere around the house.

"Are you sure you want me to keep it Mason?" His best friend asked, examining the trying box carefully. Now Declan was always a great friend, and he didn't want to be the person to accidentally lose Y/N's engagement ring.

"Don't worry Dec," Mason nudged his shoulder encouragingly, "All you have to do is keep it for the week and I'll pick it back up from you."

SATURDAY: T-minus 2 Days til Valentine's Day.

Now that he had the ring, the next part of his plan was to secure a reservation at your favorite restaurant.

"I just need a reservation for two?" Mason mumbled into the phone, glancing around to make sure Y/N wasn't in sight. He tapped his fingers on the table nervously, waiting to hear a response.