Last words...

I run as fast as I can towards the cave where I left Alshifa. She is laying there, breathing heavy. I look at the wound and the bandage is soaking with blood. "No, on, no,no... please.. no..."I unwrap the bandage and look at the wound. 'It needs stitches but she can't walk... I can't get her anywhe- wait I always have a needle and threats with me.' I grab it from my little bag around my waist and start sewing the wound. "Hold on dear, it will be alright." I finish sewing the wound and I put her head on my lap. "It will be alright my girl. I will make sure of it." I give her some water and hum softly.

After a few minutes I get up. Alshifa looks better then before and I whisper to her "I will come back for you." I take my cape of and put it over her so she will stay warm and then I run away. While running I see the eagles and smile, we are going to win this.

After a while I see Bilbo and a bit further in the distance Thorin I stand next to Bilbo. "Are you good?" I ask and look down. He looks at me "I am, and you?" He says and he looks at me. I want to answer but then I see Thorin fall to the ground "NO! Thorin!" I run towards him Bilbo close behind me. "Bilbo.. Y/N." He mumbles. "Don't move.. don't move, lie still" Bilbos says looking for his wound, he finds it and lays his hand on it.

"I am happy you are here." Thorin mumbles. "Shh Thorin, talking will only make you weaker." I say with tears in my eyes. "I wish to part from you in friendship.." he says and a tear rolls down my face "no.." Bilbo says helpless "you are not going anywhere.. you are going to live." Bilbo says hopefull trying to get the clothing away from his wound. "It will be alright Thorin just... hold on." I say with a cracking voice. "I would take back my words, and my deeds at the gate." Thorin says. I lay a hand on his shoulder "please Thorin.. it will be alright." I say, but I do not even believe my own words.

He ignores me and goes one and looks at Bilbo "you did what only a true friend would do... forgive me.. I was to blind to see it. I'm so sorry.. that I led you in such peril.." he says fighting for his life. "No.. I'm glad you have shared in your parils, Thorin. It is far more then any Baggins deserves." Bilbo says looking at Thorin. Thorin coughs and then looks at me "and thank you, for showing me not all elves are bad and for saving Fili's life. You opened my eyes, thanks you." He says and then he gets something out of his pocket. "I wanted to give you this, keep it to remember me." He says and then looks back at Bilbo and again at me. "Farewell master burglar and lady Y/N." He says.

then he looks at Bilbo "Go back to your books. And your armchair. Plant your trees. Watch them grow. If more people... valued home... above gold... this world would be a merrier place." He mumbles Bilbo cries out "No. No, no, no. No. Thorin." Tears tart rolling down my face as I see Thorins eyes go blank "Thorin, don't you dare. No, please no.." I say softly and I put a hand on my mouth and lay my head on my lap "No. No. No.."

"Thorin. Thorin, hold on." Bilbo cries in disbelief. "Bilbo... it's to late... he's... gone." I say the last wordt so soft there is a small change Bilbo didn't even hear me.

638 words

Sadly, Thorin did not make it. But the line of Durin still exist. Fili and Kili are alive!