19. "but it's too late now."

The days had slowly gone by and soon it was time for the tiny brunette to head off to study abroad.

"Do you have everything?" Camila's mother asked, making sure her daughter was all set. "Passport, phone, all your chargers?"

"Yes, mami!" Camila said with a giggle her mom had been asking her that the whole time they were in the car. "I have everything!"

"I'm just making sure."

"Do you have to go?" Emmy asked, she had tagged along for the ride, even though Camila told her not to miss any of her classes. How could her best friend not say goodbye to her?

"Yes! I need to travel the world before I finish school and with this I can travel and finish my degree!" The Cuban said with a smile.

"You seem like you won't miss us." Emmy said standing there with her arms crossed over her chest "you're smiling too much" the Puerto Rican pointed out.

"I thought it would be better to smile than to cry, I don't wanna have a headache for this long flight."

The two girls stood there staring at each other before Emmy began to burst into tears. "What am I gonna do without my best friend!" She shouted hugging Camila "you're gonna make me cry too" the tiny brunette said.

"Then I'll tell you something that will make me upset instead."

Camila pulled away from her friend and gave her a confused face instead. "What is it?" She asked "remember when I told you to write down your feelings about Shawn. I gave him the letter."

The Cuban stared at her friend "well, you better get going" Emmy said with a laugh grabbing on to Camila's parents and walking away.

She froze, unable to move from the spot she was standing in. Maybe he didn't read that stupid letter, or maybe he had already. The only thing she knew was that she had to get out of her as soon as possible.

~***~

"Mila, you know you have to go back to being a functioning human of society, right?" Emmy asked after that night Camila had walked over to Emmy's apartment and hadn't left.

It has been three days already.

"Why would I wanna do that?" The Cuban asked, sinking into the couch, the Puerto Rican let out a sigh before joining her friend on the couch.

"You're my best friend and all, but you're the one who said those things to him. Do you really have the right to be upset?"

Camila shook her head slowly, Emmy was right, those things did come out of her mouth. The only one that should really be hurt is Shawn.

She didn't intend on hurting him, but the words just flew out of her mouth. No matter how hard She tried to stop it, more hurtful things came out.

"I know you tried to stop it before you could get hurt, but in the end you did end up hurt."

"It hurt you more to put a stop to things did it?" Emmy asked "I wish I just told him how I felt and when I was leaving."

"But it's too late now."

"Just tell him, Mila!" The Puerto Rican shouted "no, it doesn't matter anymore."

"Okay, fine let's just do this" Emmy started as her best friend turned to her giving her a questioning look.

"Just write down all the emotions you're feeling for Shawn and then just throw the paper away," Emmy told her, giving her a small smile.

"I guess I can do that."

Emmy had left her apartment for awhile leaving Camila to be left with her emotions.

Once Camila sat down with a pen in her hands she couldn't stop writing.

"This is so stupid, but I'm trying it anyways. Shawn if you're ever reading this (that was dumb because you won't be reading this, but moving on.) I just wanted to apologize for what I had said that day, I don't think you're a spoiled brat that gets away with everything. I don't know what I was thinking that day.

How could I use something you told me against you and make it seem like you're an awful person? I know you're not. You're definitely the nicest person I have ever met.

Now why did I say those things? It's because I have these feelings for you that I don't even know how to explain it. It stupid to say, but I guess I could say the first time I saw you I definitely fell for you. That is the most cliché sounding sentence ever, but then again the whole having a summer fling and then falling for each other is cliche too.

I mean do you even feel the same way towards me or is it one sided? Maybe I'll never know, which makes it even sadder.

Why didn't I tell you? I didn't because I'm studying abroad for a few months, which isn't anything crazy. But you're not from Miami, you live in Canada and you'll probably go back soon anyways, what would the point be anyways?

Okay, I don't know any other way to express myself. Just, fuck this, I'm in love with you. It's been two months, but I felt more feelings for you then the relationship I had for over a year.

I felt like a teenager in love again. Those stupid little trips we went on or when I was trying to teach you Spanish. I was happy again, but something inside me told me this wasn't going to last long. That's why I'm writing this note instead of telling you this in person.

I'm sorry, I guess we could call this right person the wrong time? Unrequited love? Oh, I know the perfect word to describe this, serendipity! It's when you find something good by accident. In this chase I don't think I deserve this stroke of luck.

Maybe you do feel the same, but I don't know if I want to know. I wouldn't know what to do. I guess this is really goodbye.

Go back home and live the life you want. "

~***~
The Canadian stood in front of the lake he had found while staying in Miami. He leaned against his motorcycle holding the letter Camila had written.

He remembered Emmy handing him the paper in a rush saying it was from Camila. He felt bad reading the letter as it seemed like he was never supposed to see it.

"She likes me back" he spoke looking down, letting out a chuckle. He sat down on the grass looking out at the water "so she leaves today" he mumbled.

The last time he would see her was when she was spitting out nasty words at him. The Canadian knew she was lying, but it didn't make it any less painful. You wouldn't want someone you loved to say such awful things to you.

"This is so stupid" he spoke before getting on his motorcycle, maybe if he was fast enough he could catch up to the girl.

One last chapter to go