Ash: Pain (Male Reader)

Hereford Base, 20:23

Your team had just returned from a long mission in Afghanistan. Everyone was happy to see the good, old base. 

But not you. 

You felt like you had passed through hell. You saw dozens of corps. Old men. Women. Kids. You wanted to retire from everything. From everyone. 

Your whole body felt like it was burning from inside. You wanted to put it out, you needed to cool down. 

You went to the shower, dropped your bag on the floor, then stepped in, turning on the water. You remembered the mayhem you had seen there. You were just a new guy. A recruit. You haven't expected to see things like that.

You hit the shower wall with your knuckle, tears slid down your cheeks. You were wounded. You just didn't know what to do. You felt like you've got this PTSD syndrome. You felt like you'd live with this pain forever. 

But you didn't want to.

"Hey, Y/N, everyone's partying in the Hall, where are-- Y/N?" you heard a voice behind you. "Y/N, are you okay?" Eliza asked. 

Eliza Cohen. Your best friend, and maybe the closest person here that you trust. You met her on your first day in Rainbow. Her appearance had just stunned you there. But soon you started training, going to missions, and you just forgot about your feelings for her. 

"I'm fine," you replied nervously, "did you need something?"

You didn't hear an answer. "Liz?" Eliza wrapped her arms around your chest, resting her head on your back. "Y/N, what's wrong with you? And don't tell me you're okay because you're not," she mumbled softly.

You gasped deeply. You didn't get used to talking about your problems. You had always been solving them by yourself. "Liz, I..." you muttered, "okay, fuck, fine."

"Eliza, I'm not alright," you said, "I just don't want to live. I don't wanna fucking live," you said as tears slid down your cheeks. 

"What happened, sweetheart?" she asked. "White Masks. Chemical weapons. Dozens of deaths. I just can't hold this. I just can't," you said as tears rushed down your cheeks.

"Y/N..." Eliza rubs her head against your  back, you hear her sad gasp. "Eliza, I... I'm sorry," you mumbled, "I didn't need to talk about that."

Eliza turns you to her. "Y/N, you don't need to be sorry, it's not your fault," she said as she hugged you.

Suddenly you felt a relief. You gasped deeply, thinking about her words. A lonely tear ran down your cheek, but you didn't care.

You just wrapped your arms around Eliza, pulling her closer to you. She looks at you, you see her shining eyes. You understood what she wanted.

You tilt your head and pull her into a kiss, lovingly cupping her cheek. Eliza closed her eyes as she licked your bottom lip. You gladly open your mouth, letting her tongue passionately explore it.

You grab her butt, giving it a slight squeeze, causing the girl to moan in between your making out session.

After a minute you part from each other, to get some air to your lungs, a bridge of spit between you.

"I love you," you say as you push her hair from the forehead.

"I love you too, Y/N," Eliza whispered, "maybe you should take a shower? You smell shitty."

You both giggle as you kiss her forehead. 

"Yeah, and you should change into something drier."