The new students

That morning, in the Theatre Of Tales, Rafal and Sophie were to be welcoming the new students to the School for new evil. Yesterday, they had had a vicious battle with Guinevere and the Lady of the Lake. Sophie decided to call it a tie, with Guinevere freeing a few captives but with Sophie killing others. The ones Guinevere had left behind had been dealt with.

Sophie gazed out at the Endless Woods, imagining it all being hers someday. She and Rafal, perhaps living in Camelot. Evil is the new good. Sophie could see it all play out in her mind's eye. Getting married surrounded by dead woods and wearing a black gown. Being adored by all citizens. Having all the cucumbers she could ever want. Maybe even a child someday. 

Sophie frowned, hearing a scratching sort of noise behind her and found that the storian was writing. She suddenly remembered that it had started a new story a few days ago 'Nevermore'. Curious, Sophie watched it with anxious eyes. It was drawing a scene with a show of colours, and with a start, she realised the scene was of her a few minutes ago, at the window. Sophie attempted to turn the pages back, but the storian attacked her finger, drawing oozing blood. "Ouch!" Sophie cried, the skin around the wound becoming swollen. She winced. 

" Sophie?" Rafal asked, suddenly appearing behind her in a black suit. 

" Yes?" Sophie replied, turning to face him, concealing her finger in the pocket of her outfit. She had chosen to go in an dark green velvet frock to match her eyes. 

" Let's go. Oh, and? Please don't try and scare the new students. Not yet, at least."Sophie gave him a mischievous smile. "If you say so." 

Sophie decided to put the storian out of her mind, for now. There were more important matters going on. Rafal flew them both down to the blue forest ( well, not so blue anymore ) and guided Sophie down to the theatre. The reason why they had no students was simple : they had all perished in the battle in Stymph Forest, Sophie had killed them, or they had escaped with the remainder of good. 

 All the teachers were in there waiting patiently, as students sat stoically calm. Well, well, Sophie thought, they are evil. 

Sophie and Rafal paraded down the middle of the theatre and up the stage where Rafal began to speak. " You are all here today, in these seats, for a reason. You are all 100% evil. The face of evil's future. Only here shall you reach your full potential, whether it be an ogre, a warlock, a mogrif, a pirate, even a witch like Sophie, or a sorcerer like me. I reached my full potential when I murdered my brother. Sophie reached hers when becoming her true self, a witch,  tried to kill her nemesis, Agatha, and killed her own father for love." 

" Classes begin tomorrow," Sophie added. " We hope some of you make an impression." 

The new students seemed to nod, muttering to one another. There was a dark-skinned girl with dreadlocks and when she smiled, she showed fangs. There was a boy that looked incredibly strong, showing off his muscles. There were twin brothers in the corner, whispering to each other. All in all, Sophie was hopeful that these students would make evil proud. 

" Alright," Professor Manley said. " You will get your uniform, schedule, books and dorm. After you will have the opportunity to explore the school and get lunch." 

The school for evil had had a few alterations since the Battle in Stymph Forest. The whipping fairies were no longer around, the uniforms had changed to a more casual attire and rooms had had makeovers. 

" I'm going to go get some food," Sophie informed Rafal. 

" Okay," Rafal replied. " I'm a bit busy so I won't see you for a few hours."

" Busy? Why, what are you doing?" 

" Oh, just going to check on Avalon. Make sure the guards are doing their duty and none of the league have managed to leave." 

" Okay then. See you later, darling." Sophie gave Rafal a kiss on the cheek before trotting off to the canteen ( the new place you eat ).  She was absolutely starving. She was craving a salad or some goat's cheese. 

When Sophie arrived, kids were milling around, eating on the tables with their friends or chatting. Sophie sauntered up to the counter, and with lots of thought, she decided on an avacado, apple and grape smoothie, a fruit salad and some vegan cookies. As she was about to sit down and tuck in to her meal, she noticed a boy waving her over. With a sigh, Sophie made her way over to him guessing he was a big fan of The Tale of Sophie & Agatha. 

" I'm Rhian," the boy said, beckoning her to sit down. He had tanned skin, sea green eyes and copper brown hair in a military style. 

" Sophie," Sophie replied. " Although, I'm guessing you already knew that." 

Rhian laughed. " Yes. Your fairytale has inspired us all," he said solemnly. " What is you and the School Master's next move?"

Sophie blinked, surprised at such a blunt, direct question. " That isn't a student's concern," she replied.

" I'm-" Rhian began, until his twin, who Sophie hadn't noticed until now, silenced him with a glare. The twin had pale skin, messy, wild copper brown hair and icy blue eyes which made Sophie feel like she'd seen them somewhere before. Even more disturbing, his suit rippled and moved as if it was... alive. It looked like small green-black eels? 

" They're my scims." The twin said. " Oh, I'm Japeth." 

" I feel like I've seen you somewhere before." Sophie frowned, scrutinising him. Japeth brushed her comment off, shrugging. " Maybe a few minutes ago? In the theatre?" 

That must be it, Sophie thought. Although, if it was, why did she get a feeling in her gut that told her that wasn't it?

She looked at Japeth again. Those icy, pale, blue eyes.