1.

** We begin our story in New York. **

The airplane landing was totally calm. And from the small rounded-edge window, I notice New York city in it's most splendid way. The stars are nothing in comparison to the pretty bright lights coming from the tall skyscrapers, almost defiant to me. A smile forms on my cheeks as I put my journal back into my bag and Ashlee, the friendly flight attendant comes walking toward me, letting me know we just landed on the most magical city in the world.

She smiles before I stand up from the comfortable seat. ''I hope you had a lovely time flying with us Ms. Swift.''

''Thanks Ashlee, see you some other time.'' I smile at her. The metallic stairs located on the airplane's exit lead me to the track. I notice my security guard is waiting for me, just a few steps away from the plane.

''Ms. Swift.'' He tilts his head down when I reach to him.

''Hey Edgard, how's it been?''

''The flight was okay, Ms.'' He walks behind me, I can hear the sound of my heels on the pavement, as the wind turns my hair into a chaotic disaster.

''Are we ready to go home?'' I ask Edgard. I stop before a big glass door, nervous. Paparazzi always make me feel this way and all I want is to go home and rest.

''Your apartment is now settled, Gabriel has the keys to it. He's waiting at the entrance.'' Gabriel is my driver, he's always so helpful when I need him to and that's something to be thankful for.

''Thank God.'' I say, relieved. Edgard opens the door for me and we start to walk toward the entrance of the airport. I know there's about ten men with cameras, waiting for me and though I've been dealing with this during the past years, you never get used to it. It's terrifying in the most scariest and craziest of ways. I think you never get used to the flashing lights on your face and the cursing and the questions you'll always have answers to, but never answer. As Edgard opens the final door for me, I start to hear the yelling and the questions already. I walk through the thick crowd of people begging to get a picture or an autograph or the honest truth behind a rumor, but today I feel like skipping the friendly smiles and the 'yeah I'm fine, thank you', all I want is to head to my new apartment and hide there for as long as I can.

''Taylor how's your new album sales?''

I can respond that with a 'great' and a thumbs up. But I just look down at the ground, while Edgard's husky voice pronounce the words of 'leave her alone'.

''Taylor could you please clarify the rumors of you and Harry Styles dating?''

Well, I have nothing to say to that.

''Taylor! Here!''

And then I get into the car, as it is being hit by the multiple paparazzi begging to get a picture of me.

Gabriel looks at me from the rear view mirror and I nod, he takes that as an order to take me to my new apartment. Edgard is checking his phone, while I check the beautiful city that waits to be discovered by me. Of course, I've been to New York, but I see it now with a whole new different light. I smile by myself, until my shoulder is gently touched by Edgard, catching my attention.

''Are you okay?'' He asks, concerned.

I smile. ''Thanks for asking Edgard. Means a lot.''

''I just can imagine what's like.''

''I'm used to it.'' I smile, wide. I lied. But he believes it, so I look away, gazing at the tall skyscrapers, welcoming me to the most chaotic, mysterious and magical city to ever exist on planet Earth. The car suddenly stops.

''Here we are.'' Gabriel speaks. I nod and open the door.

''Thanks Gabriel, you can go.'' He nods and smiles at me. The doormen take my luggage up to the pent house and as I look out into the city, with my blue hopeful eyes I think of everything that made me decide to move in here. I turn around and I notice the doormen are standing still.

''Do you need anything else?'' One of them says, breaking down the silence filling the spaces between us and the furniture.

''No, I'm okay for now.''

''Welcome to New York Ms. Swift.'' He says, tilting his head down. I smile, and they leave me by myself in this lonely apartment. Shutting the door behind them, as I stand in the middle of the living room, wondering...what now?

** **

I wake up with the desire to stay in bed whatever remains of the day. I notice Meredith is still asleep, on one of the corners of the bed. I pick up the phone from the night stand and it reads: 11:35. I slept more than what I had planned.

I check the memos on my phone, I go to the one with the title as: 'To-Do List'.

1. Walk around the city.

2. Ignore any phone calls.

3. Call mom and dad.

4. Forget to ignore any phone calls coming from mom/dad.

5. Whatever comes into mind.

I put the covers away from me and decide to do my 'To-Do List', after all what's New York if you don't take a glimpse of it's magical madness?

I put on jeans, a yellow shirt and my brown Oxford shoes. I make my way out of the apartment, with my bag in hand.

''Good morning Ms.'' Gabriel says as I encounter him in the lobby. He walks toward me, with nothing but a warming smile extended on his lips.

''Hello Gabriel, how was your night?'' I ask, and we start walking toward the exit.

''I slept well. How about yours?''

''I'm happy to say I slept well too,'' I stop. ''Listen, you should take the day off, I want to walk around the city by myself.''

''Are you sure?'' He frowns.

''Yes, in case I need help with something I'll dial your number.'' I smile at him and he offers me one too. He tilts his head down and walks away from me. I stand in the middle of the lobby, figuring out what's going to happen today. I feel something in the pit of my stomach and I can't quite tell if it's a bad thing or a good one, but let's expect the worst. Shall we?