twenty two

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 22
ʏᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ

The sunlight hits the table's surface. The curtains are all being tied neatly to let the light go through. Her table is free from files, she has done all of them earlier. The door's closed, only sounds of her small giggles can be heard. Y/N's staring at the photo of Ran she took yesterday.

She zooms in and out every single inch of him. Until realisation hits her, Y/N slaps her cheeks hard. "Y/N, Y/N, What is this behaviour?" She turns her phone off. Sometimes she's not acting like herself. It's all because of him.

Y/N lets out a big sigh as she places her head on the table. She doesn't know what to do anymore. Suddenly, she feels so bored that she needs to talk to something even though that's the last thing she'd ever do. Y/N types some messages to Eri.

She's the only one who's free for her to hang out. Mitsuya? No, he's probably busy sewing. Eri's free all the time. That painter really has nothing to do in her life rather than painting. Until someone tells her to stop and takes a break, that's when she gets back to the real world.

Y/N
Let's go out

A few minutes later, the replies came.

Eri
Sister.
I'm traumatised by the last time we went out!

Y/N
Ran's not going to get mad this time
If he does, I'll be the one who scolds him

Eri
Aren't you scared of him too?

Y/N
Shut up.
N O.

Eri
But you cried tho, last time.

Y/N
That's because
Um
Nothing for you to know.
Come on, are you free now?

Eri
I'm free for you all the time!

Y/N
I'll pick you up. You have 15 minutes to get ready.

Y/N stands up, walking to the exit. She's going through the hallway when someone greets her. "Good Morning, Y/N-san. Where are you going?" Hirota smiles, he's holding a file. "Meet my Sister." He bows down again while nodding.

"Should I get the driver?" Y/N shakes her head. "Alright. Take care." She steps out of the exit door, loosening her neck tie a little. It suffocates her.

═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════

"Wah! Dinner with the whole Haitani family. It must be so nice!!" Eri giggles as she eats a spoon of lasagna. "I don't like it." The little sister raises her spoon up, moving it a little. "But Madam treats you so nice, doesn't she? Better than treating her own son." Y/N feels exhausted.

She flips her hair for a moment before eating her gnocchi. "Yeah, I love her. But Ran's relatives—" She sighs. "The last time I saw them was during the wedding. And they all had that ugly scowl expression. His cousins— They were the worst."

"Hmm, I guess you have to get along with them? You know, rich people can be annoying and arrogant." Y/N chuckles as she takes a sip of her drink. "Are you talking about us?" Eri quickly leans back and crosses her arms in denial. "No, No! I think we are good, I mean— not too good but at least acceptable."

Y/N curls her lips. "Not going to lie, I'm jealous of you! Like you graduated from a mechanical engineering major for a degree, then you are the coolest person I've ever met, you could be so savage," Eri hums, trying to add more praises. "You even have fan pages too!"