chapter 10

Monica's pov

Destiny finally came out. Thank goodness I thought I'd have to go drag her out of bed! While I was waiting I got FiJi out a curried. I also got Guardian Angel out to and brushed her too.

I'm going to have Destiy work Guardian while I at least try to get FiJi to except the blanket. I asked Cade if he knew where the closest animal shelter was.

He said he'd look it up I thanked him. That was right before Destiny walked out.

I told her she would be working Guardian while I attempted to get FiJi with a blanket on his back.

She said ok and asked if she could ride over to Flordia's after she got her warmed up. "Yes, but before you head over call her."

"ok." Destiny answered.

I walked over to where I had FiJi tied up. I grabbed the blanket off of the fence and let him sniff it so he knows it's not a threat.

He sniffed it and looked at me like What is this thing? I just shook  my head  and laughed at him.

I rubbed it on his neck and let him get used to the texture. As soon as I started rubbing it he turned his head and watched me with worry, and caution. I slowly worked my way to his back.

When I started to rub the blanket on his back he started to get jumpy.

I backed up towards his neck so he wouldn't get to nervous and trust me.

When he finally calmed down I slowly worked my way back towards his back he wasn't as jumpy as before and let me lay it on his back.

I worked a rope around it after the same procedure with the rope but instead of rubbing it on his back I rubbed it on is belly since that is where he would feel it.

I got the blanket secured and I began to walk him around the arena. After that I gave him a treat for doing so good tomorrow I would work on getting a bit in his mouth.

But for now I was done with him for today. I needed to get him his little stable mate.

I walked out of the little pasture I just put him in so he could strech out his legs.

When I got back to the  stable I looked at all of the other horses in the stable while I waited for Cade to come and tell me where the animal shelter is at.

As I was looking I saw a beautiful apaloosa that was all white but his little blanket on his rump witch was brown and black with white spots on it. He also had blue eyes.

One of the prettiest horses I've ever seen besides FiJi and Guardian.

I jumped out of my skin when Cade tapped my shoulder asking what I thought of his horse Gypsy Panther.

" He is gorgeous, and exotic like." I said. " Do have an answer to my question from earlier?" I asked.

"Yes the closest one is only about 2 miles away if you wanted you could ride there." He said.

"Thanks. Does Taylor have a horse that can jump a few fences? I need it to go get Destiny so we can go to the shelter" I asked trying not to be rude,

"Yes the good thing about this stable is that for some reason Taylor has all the horses stats on their stall doors. Let's go see what we can find." He said

We didn't have to walk far. We found a palimino and we got him out and saddled. Cade asked if he could ride with us.

I told him he could so he got Panther out and ready when he was ready I called Destiny and said I was coming over to get her so we could go to the shelter,