Chapter 15: Monster

"That's trucks loaded with max weight and the drivers armed." Sams voice came back a little panicked at his discovery.

"It's a battering ram." Natasha concludes, Steve's voice rushing in as her last syllable was uttered.

"Go now."

"Why?" Wanda's voice sounds panicky. The only thing I want to do is hold her but that would have to wait.

"He's not hitting the police." Steve states a little mysteriously, leaving us in silence at our little tables.

Our act was over quickly allowing both of the women beside me to stand up gesturing me to follow.

Nat split from our little group most likely determined to find a motorbike or some sort of transport she was familiar with.

Subconsciously my eyes flicker to Wanda noticing the subtle bites of her lower lip and the picking of her black nail polish. Seeing her nervous made me anxious, my infatuation with her causing us to almost become one.

"Body armour, AR-15s. I make seven hostiles." Steve observes his breathing a little heavier than before.

Gun shots ring out overhead, a shadow of a large bird diving at a rooftop no doubt Sam.

The two of us still run towards the institute for infectious diseases where the attack was taking place.

"I make five." Sam almost grins.

Wanda's hand gently drifts over my face, both of us coming to a stop outside the barriers of the institute.

"Be careful." She whispers with a light frown before taking off using her powers to balance herself as she flies over the walls into the midst of action below.

My chest tightens at the ringing of the gunshots over the wall even though I knew Wanda could keep herself safe from harm. The thought of her being injured or worse killed me.

"Rumlows on the third floor." Sam yells.

Not being able to fly over the wall like my girlfriend I climb the piles of rocks and rubble, a light gasp leaving my mouth at my barely healed palm hitting the edge of the rocks.

Gas leaked out of the shattered windows held together by a red stream causing my heart to flutter with pride.

Wanda's powers had grown exponentially over the course of the last six months. Her use of them earning brownie points with yours truly using them in more ways than one if you know what I mean.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve fumes.

"I'm on it." Came my sisters voice over comms, the growling sound in the background meaning she had found her bike.

Armed soldiers stand with their back to me facing the building as I continue climbing over the pile of rubble resting for a split second as my feet hit the stable floor.

Taking off at a run was easy, my fitness having improved greatly after not being able to do anything but cardio due to my injuries thanks to Ultron and his army.

Gradually the gap between the soldiers and I shrinks before my leg sweeps under theirs knocking them all on their asses before they know what is going on.

Grunts leave the soldiers mouths, my fists colliding with their faces knocking them out flat.

Flinging my hair back behind my ears was a pain. Recently I had cut it short up to my shoulders but regret filled my body now not being able to tie it back.

A sigh I didn't know I was holding realeases at the sight of Wanda handling the smoke with Sam behind her shielding her from the bullets firing at the pair.