Chapter 17: Sign or Dont Sign

Conflicted.

Sign or don't sign.

Signing meant being able to continue Avenging, the one thing I enjoyed more than anything else, but it also meant being under another organisations control which I had sworn never to do again, not after HYDRA.

But not signing left me with one choice. Resignation. I wouldn't be aloud to set foot on the battle field again, not legally anyway. What would I do without fighting? There hasn't been a day in my life were fighting wasn't an everyday requirement and now I was meant to live without it forever??

[]

Visions speech has Steve pissed, the super soldier finally glancing up from his concentrated state to glare at the robot in question.

"Are you saying it's our fault?" 

Steve's muscles rippled through his clothes menacingly, eyeing the robot as if daring him to confirm his suspicions.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict... breeds catastrophe. Oversight. Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." Vision advises, his final gaze resting upon Rhodey who smirks leaving Sam clenching his jaw, infuriated.

"Boom."

This tension between the eight of us scared me. The people I had grown to call family were fighting over some stupid piece of paper that held the power to break us. It didn't sit right.

"Tony."

Natasha finally speaks from her place on my other side glancing at the billionaire who slouches unprofessionally on the couch, not uttering a word which was uncharacteristic for a man such as himself.

"Your being uncharacteristically non-hyper verbal." I frown wishing I had the power to gaze into his mind to find out what thoughts lay beyond that ginormous brain of his.

Stark mouth forms an 'o' ready to speak but he was too slow.

"That's because he's already made up his mind." Steve sighs not making eye contact with the billionaire.

"Boy, you know me so well." Tony replies sarcastically.

Holding his head gingerly the man gets to his feet strutting towards the empty kitchen.

"Actually I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on Cap. It's just pain." His voice gradually growing louder until he was shouting.

His rant continues but I ignore his complaints focusing back on Wanda who still sat in silence muttering to herself while gazing over her hands.

"Hey. You ok?" I whisper gaining the attention of the brunette, my heartstrings tugging as finally her eyes lock in with mine. The familiar tingling sensation in my stomach causes a light blush to form on my cheeks.

"I don't know."

At those words my face falls hating seeing the woman I love in pain whether it be mental or physical.

"Your going to be ok. I'll make sure of it." I reply placing a lingering kiss on her temple moving impossibly close to the witch who's halted breath sends flushes of anguish through my system.

Tony's largely exaggerated sigh draws my attention. A holographic picture of a young boy not much older than myself, smiling at whoever stood behind the camera enlarges at Tony's fingertips.

"Oh that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA, had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where. Sokovia."