Chapter 10: A floating city

Taking Nat's hand we both run back to the surface to help take care of the civilians before we handle Ultron.

But we were too late.

The ground underneath rumbles as hundreds of Ultrons minions slither out from cracks in the surface causing mass panic.

Immediately the robots begin attacking citizens and burning buildings, anything they could do to add to the the already chaotic mess of a city.

Screams filled my ears as people ran left right and centre attempting to hide from the army of metal cascading around.

"Shit go to Steve I'll take Clint." I yell at my sister allowing her to release my hand.

"Be careful." She frowns and I nod flashing her a quick smile before she turns towards the super soldier.

I make my over to Clint with my katana tightly gripped in my hand.

"Get off the bridge."

Turning I spot Wanda behind us ushering people to safety.

"Stop giving her googly eyes and help me." Clint grunts.

"Shut up." I mutter turning just in time to slice a robot in half as it charged at me.

Peeking a look at Wanda I sigh in relief as she holds up a forcefield blocking herself and the citizens from the blasts of the robots.

My footsteps were silent while I approached the robots attacking the witch.

My sword clutched in my hand I spin slicing both robots torsos in half causing malfunctions of all kinds before the robots go limp. Dead.

" God go help her, I'll be fine." Clint grins as I can't seem to rip my eyes off the brunette who continues holding the forcefield waiting for the people to run.

I acknowledge the archer before turning to the brunette who gives me a small smile. But her focus wavers as she glances at me causing a blast from a robot to knock her over, a gasp leaving her mouth as she falls to the floor.

"Oh shit." I whisper running towards the brunette but not before sending a throwing knife into the circuits of the robot causing it to explode into an oily mess falling beneath us.

My katana clatters to the floor beside Wanda as I gently grip her arms pulling her upwards into a sitting position.

Instincts kick in as I gently grip her chin tilting it from side to side to inspect for any injuries.

"Skye I'm ok." She smiles going a little red, taking my hand and pulling it off her face but allowing my hand to stay in hers.

"Let's go." I grin ignoring the growing feeling of giddiness in my stomach at her touch.

The witch nods standing up and pulling me after her.

But gaining balance was tricky as the earth began to shake once again. Only this time it seemed to be moving.

My hands grip Wanda's forearms keeping both her and myself upright while the city began to... Float??

Clint came running behind us watching in shock as the ground fell in front of us, people falling through the earth into the growing abyss below.

"What's going on?" Wanda asks her voice cracking slightly and her grip on my hard tightening.

"I don't know." I reply my eyes widening as the bridge before us breaks in half.

The city was floating.

Sokovian police barricaded the edges ushering people back into the city as the world slowly became further away.