First Day: Part III

We reached the ground in twenty minutes by including the time taken for the students to enter the bus after changing. The ground recently got a turf ground for football, a cricket pitch and even a tennis ground, but we just choose a small patch of land in a corner, away from the normies. 

Totally there was eight people, Me, my bro, Karter, Nasir, Rayden(I got to know him when I changed buses in 8th grade),three of them whom I have never met before, but were friends of Rayden so we let it slide. Since it was a small group we didn't split and play 4v4.We decide to chose order of who'll bat first to who'll bat last. we tried to decide it by clubs

(We called it clubs, we basically put one hand in the middle, raise it together and lay it facing one side, the least similar side{palm side or back of fist} will be taken out and the last remaining will bat first, then everyone except the one who remains will repeat the same and when it comes down to only one guy taken out, he'd play last)

 It came down to Karter and Nasir.

When tied between two people we do a toss, here toss isn't about the coin toss. We do it from Hand Cricket, a game which has been popular from 4rth grade in my school. 

For a toss both players will decide odd or even. Then like stone paper scissors, they will put their hands out with a certain finger count. If it adds up to even, the toss is won by the player who choose even or vice versa.

This time a fight arose between them as Karter said that Nasir changed his hand to make him lose and both started cussing at each other. These both don't get along much, they always kept mocking each other yet they remain friends for 2 years. 

Once in 8th grade we all decided to play a prank on Karter. Karter's mom makes the best sandwiches for lunch, It is a war for how it is divided.

Sometimes it is 4 pieces or rarely 5,and we as his friends get more share than the rest of the classmates who ask for it unless they were girls, as he gave to the girls who ask him first than us. Girls were pretty much his weakness. He somehow won them through the sandwiches, he basically was the class jester in 8th totally different from how he was in 7th grade. 

As a prank, one day when Karter had gone to wash his hands in the bathroom, I told Nasir, Patrick, Harry and my bro Greg to play along and say Karter that we already ate his sandwiches when he had gone to wash his hands, we wanted to mean it as a joke.

But when Karter came, Nasir rushed to him and said 

"Yo! Karter, Your sandwiches were awesome today, I ate two of them while you went to wash your hands." 

Hearing this Karter couldn't tell it as a joke as he could expect something like this from Nasir for real. He hit him in the stomach and cussed at him as he pushed him down. 

Well we didn't want to go near him as he looked like he didn't need an explanation. We were quickly trying to take his lunch bag out to tell him it was still there and all was just a joke. But Nasir didn't like it when he was pushed down, so when he got up he pushed Karter with all his might and he flew over two benches and fell to the ground. 

It definitely hurt a lot as he didn't get up for a few seconds.

The class teacher had to rush when she heard the ruckus, she gave them both a warning and told them not to repeat. We did tell Karter that it was a prank, but still he didn't forgive Nasir.

I still feel guilty for being the person who started this fight. They didn't speak to each other for a week, but after that one week, I don't know how, but they both started talking to each other like normal. They still are not on good terms with each other yet.

Well coming back to the cricket game, we repeated the toss till we decided who'll bat last and started the game. 

Time flew as we played and it was already time to go back to class. We hopped into the bus, reached school, went back to our class stuffed everything from our desks into the bag and was on my way to the bus. 

On the way I spotted Harry in front of bus number 21, It was Patrick's bus. They seemed to be having a funny conversation so I headed to them..........

To be continued in Memories: Part I