Chapter 19

Alright, back on my feet, making chapters for you people. But first, I wanna talk, screen to screen. I've had a rough two days, this Thursday and Friday. I only ask for patience in these next two months. After may 29th, I'll be on summer vacation, and I'll be gone for some time at the beginning of this vacation. So I just wanna make it clear that I won't be on a lot, but I'll try to get out as many chapters on all of my books, not just this one. So, that's pretty much it! Have fun! 030 ~Tii.

Time skip to the next day.

You had come in early with Vincent to receive your uniforms. You were given both day and night shift uniforms. The day shift uniform was black dress pants and a red polo shirt with a small mouse stitched into the right side of the chest. The night shift was a white dress shirt with a tie, even for the females. Underneath, you would wear a bullet proof vest. It was matched with the same black dress pants. A bullet proof vest? Really? Well, I guess its relevant. You changed into the waitress uniform in the ladies bathroom, then went back to the staff room. All staff had lockers in this room. It had a table and a white board for meetings and the such.

You put your night shift uniform away, along with your regular clothes, and then walked back out to the kitchen. Everyone was there, including Vincent. He saw you and hurried over. "They're assigning stations right now. I think you're on stage duty. You keep kids off the stage and whenever the curtains close, you get to go backstage and make sure the animatronics aren't overheating." You nodded and turned to go to the stage, but Vincent grabbed your shoulder. "Hey, this isn't Freddy's, you're safe here. Remember that." He kissed your forehead and let you go. You made your way to the stage. When all the employees were assigned a station, they opened the doors. A few kids with their parents came in, bouncy. You watched until you were nudged by the lady from the stamping station yesterday. "Hey, we have to turn on the crazies and open the curtains. They'll do the rest." She led you backstage, showing there was a switch on the back of the right foot for each animatronic. You flipped them on and stood back as they came to life. They marched forward and got into position behind the curtains.

"Whoah."

They moved so human-like. It was kinda freaky. You were poked by your partner. "Hey, we gotta get out front, now. The first show is starting in like, two minutes." You walked out to the front of the stage, and you were passed a mic. You turned to her, and she motioned with her hand. "Say something. Let the kids know the show will start in two minutes." You put on your best smile.

"Hello everybody! Welcome to Chuck E Cheese's. Chucky and his friends are still getting ready to rock the house, so stick around for the show!" Kids everywhere let out a cheer, and raced down to the tables where their parents sat. Some came close to the stage, but didn't wander too close. You opened the curtains. The show had started.

You talked to your partner through out the shift, discovering her name was Jolie. At lunch time, a group of people came in and covered for those who wanted to eat. Vincent spotted you through a crowd of children, squeezing past those who insisted on crawling up his legs. He became frustrated as the kids basically formed a wall. You laughed, watching as he bent down and had a word with a little boy who stood in his way. Whatever he said must have worked because the little boy went running to the arcade. Vincent finally reached you. "Little brats." He rolled his... Eyes? Yeah, they could count as eyes. You had been questioning it lately. "What did you tell him?" He smiled deviously. "I told him there were invisible knives everywhere and he would be killed if he didn't leave me alone." You raised an eyebrow. I hope he doesn't have his knife. Your eyes lowered to a small bulge in his pocket. Why do I have to be right?

You ate lunch with Vincent and Jolie. Harley surprisingly wasn't here today. She had called in sick or something like that. Come to think of it, she did look a little pale yesterday before you left. "God, I hope she's alright." You mumbled. Vincent nodded in agreement. "Harley has the patience of a cat stalking her prey."

We sat in silence for a few moments, just looking from one to another. Then Jolie spoke up. "So, tonight will be your first night shift at Chuck E's." She swallowed nervously. We nodded. "Uh, heheh, just... Um, be careful. They do move around at night. Its basically like Freddy's, down the road." Your face lit up. "The situation is familiar. Vendetta and I have worked there before." She reached a hand to the scars on your cheek. "One got you good. Which one was it? The fox?" She guessed. "Actually, yeah. It was the fox." She rolled her eyes.

You later found out that she had been to Freddy's, but hadn't returned to the pizzeria since the bite of '87. Many people had actually stopped going there since the bite. It was a city favorite when you were a child, but the townsfolk had banned their children from even going near Freddy's. In all fairness, Mike did suffer severe trauma and was hospitalized for weeks. What parent wouldn't be nervous?

When it was closing time, waiters and waitresses were sent to scan the building for any children who had wandered from their parents. They reported back with all clear, and everyone went home. Well, except the boss. He instructed you and Vincent on how to use the cams. "If anything appears on the cams, climb up into the jungle gym as fast as you can. Here's some extra netting to block yourself in." He gave you two large squares of net with clips on the end. "I'll see you two tomorrow!" Then boss left, leaving you and Vincent alone. "We should grab flashlights." Vincent pulled you along to the storage room. You two grabbed flashlights. Then walked around the resteraunt for a while. Everything suddenly went dead silent. Then you heard it.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

(((Took me a while to get this one out. I'm just a little edgy lately. Big end of year tests and the such. Hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. 030 ~Tii.)))