Chapter 21

(((Still laughing about what chapter we're on. ^-^)))

You watched the rat animatronic wander about, patrolling the restaurant. No. There were two, up and about. Jasper was active, walking around and patrolling with Chuck E.  A little voice called out to you. "Miss! Please help me! I lost my mom!" You turned to the sound, seeing a little girl, and so did the animatronics. "GET UP HERE! START CLIMBING!" You unclipped the net as she climbed, the animatronics barely catching her foot. They caught her by the ankle, but you grabbed her wrist, yanking her free. "Get behind me!" She scrambled to the net behind you as you raised your bat over Chuck E's head. The rat climbed closer, and you realized you couldn't hit him. You might hit the girl. So you shoved him away with the bat and clipped the netting into place.

The little girl behind you was crying now, and she latched onto your arm. "Hey, hey, you're fine. You're safe. What's your name, sweetie?" She managed to speak. "My name is Cady. Please find my mommy!" She let out a small wail. "Alright, my name is (((insert nickname))). Hey, shhhhh, we'll find your mom, but we need to be absolutely quiet for tonight." She tried to calm down, her breath coming out in hiccups. You passed her your water, whispering to her. "Drink. Also, are you hungry? I have food." She nodded. You passed her a sandwich. "Alright. We'll be alright." Cady nodded again. She ate slowly, still in shock. You glanced at your tablet. It was still a few hours before the animatronics would get back to the stage. "Do you wanna... Build a snowman?" You asked, in hopes you would cheer Cady up. She giggled, poking your arm. "I saw that movie!" You listened to her quietly ramble on about Elsa and Olaf. "And that's why its my favorite!" She finished. Tired of listening to her rants, you told her "I want to play a game." She frowned. "I saw that one too." You realized she was referring to SAW. "Noooo, not like that. I want to play the ABC game. You say something that starts with A. I say something that starts with B. You get the idea."

You played for about an hour, never talking when the animatronics came close.