Chapter 24

So... Whatever chapter this is.

You walked sat next to your mom, gently stroking her hair. You had explained to Vincent how she ended up here, since he could hardly understand her drunken slurrs. "So, she's gonna have a major headache when she wakes up. Try not to piss her off." You told him. Your mother rolled over, grabbing your hand and hugging it. She had you in a death grip. "Ah'm suh sorry, (y/n), Ah didn't mean tah offend yah." She mumbled. What is she dreaming about? You slowly slipped your hand out of her grasp, then turned to Vincent. He was in the kitchen, staring at the bag of bread beside the toaster. You had gotten used to him stealing bread for his own little pleasure, and sometimes he even let you take a piece without going after you and inevitably ruining the remaining toast in the process. He seemed like he was deciding on whether to go for it, or just come back later. He made his decision and slinked back to the couch. "I'm just not feeling it today. I'm not even hungry for toast." He silently wailed, laying his head in your lap.

Now it was his turn to have his hair stroked. "Baby, what's wrong?" You looked down into his eyes. "God, (y/n), I don't even know. I'm not sure if it's stress or what. Whatever it is, its getting to me." He looked up at you for a few moments before getting up and pulling you to your bedroom. You were perplexed by his behavior, but then again, aren't you always? "Let's just relax for a while. I'm too stressed to be stressing about my stress." Am I sure he's not the one that's drunk?

You were at the pizzaria only hours later, and boss called you to his office. You shut the door behind you as you entered. "Yeah, boss?" You questioned. He sat back, closing his eyes. "(insert nickname), I know you and Vendetta are close. Is he alright? He's a little slow today. Usually his reaction time is faster, he's spacing out, and his appearance makes him look crazy enough as he is without the whole crazy act to go with it." He stated. There was genuine concern in his voice. "Uh, yeah, boss. He's okay. There's just a lot on his mind." You lied. He muttered something like 'don't we all' and then looked back up at you. "Just drop a word that he needs to step up his pace. Actually, I'll tell him. You're on prize corner duty. I'll let you get back to that." He smiled and you returned to your station.

You watched Vincent, he was at the door, stamping hands. He did seem slower today, you only wished you knew why. The boss approached him and you turned your attention back to the display shelf, waiting for the next little kid to run up with tickets.

Around break, Vincent dragged himself over. "Hi."

"Hun, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's bothering you." Vincent sat down beside you, sighing. "I suppose I should. (y/n), Jeremy found us, and he knows I broke out of jail. He said he told the police, and I have about until next week until he won't be able to cover for me anymore. Then I'm on my own." You tried your hardest not to yell at him. Or call Jeremy and give him hell. "Okay. This is okay. It's fine. We're fine. If we get caught, we're dead, but that's okay, we just can't let them catch up to us, right?" You asked nervously. Vincent let out another sigh, undoing his pony tail and running fingers through his dark purple hair. "I stole money from my dad. And many other people. Who are now dead. I've collected quite a bit. If we put our money together, I'm sure we can work up enough to buy a house. And food. But we're burning your house down when we leave." You hugged onto his arm. "We have to make up completely different names. Dye our hair. And get you some contacts, because you are the only person on this earth with eyes like that. They will find you way too quickly." His eyes widened, and he grabbed his hair. "My purple hair! No!"

"We have to! Do you want to die?" You questioned, rather loudly. A few employed turned to look at you and Vincent. You fake smiled, then turned back to Vincent, your voice low. "As soon as our shift is over Friday, we are taking our paychecks and leaving. No goodbyes this time. Because time isn't something we have. We start packing tomorrow. Take clothes, water, valuable shit, and stuff it. Got it? You don't hide something like this." You fumed, standing up and walking away. Vincent reached out to you, but pulled his hand away, wincing when you slammed the door. "I didn't tell you... Because I knew you would do this. I was going to take you some place beautiful, where we could live normal lives. But it seems like you have that figured out already. Like everything is some rush. I just have to follow you and hope for the best..."

MY SPACE CHILDREN! I COME BEARING A (very, very late) CHAPTER 24!! ENJOY!