02, Gatekeep, Gaslight, Girlboss

Chapter 02,
Gatekeep, Gaslight, Girlboss

Chapter 02,Gatekeep, Gaslight, Girlboss

Football StanSeptember, 2021

Football Stan
September, 2021

   FIRST DAY of school has never been stressful for Maddy. Mainly because she was already coming in with Via, Beck and Foosh. She never had a need to make new friends, and therefore she never had anything to be worried about. Today, however, it feels different. Today is her first last day of high school, and despite her partial hatred toward the entire experience, she still knows for a fact that she'll miss it.

   One of the things about going under the radar at school is the amazing fact that nobody will care what Maddy wears. Sure, she can still choose to dress up in a cute outfit, but nobody will notice. Frankly, it makes her feel much better.

   Checking that her outfit – an oversized black crewneck with a shark on it, which she got from Foosh last Christmas and shorts – looks alright as well as her makeup, she makes her way downstairs, where Beck already sits by the table. He eats a fruit salad for breakfast, whereas Maddy settles for something as simple as cereal.

   She grabs a bowl and a box of Cheerios, pouring them in before she even gets the milk. Beck looks at her weirdly, and she returns the gaze with the same energy, scrutinizing the Bengals T-shirt he's wearing just like he is her crewneck.

   "Simp," he says jokingly, his eyes averting back to the bowl of fruit before him. Maddy rolls her eyes light-heartedly, nudging him with her shoulder.

   Beck knows that the shark crewneck is perhaps one of the most favorite clothing pieces that Maddy owns because of how comfortable and adorable it is. But because it's from Foosh, she has to endure her twin's idiotic, baseless teasing.

   "Football stan," she calls him in retaliation, making Beck laugh out loud.

   "You guys ready to go to school?" The twins' dad appears at the kitchen door, dressed up to go to work in a black suit and a red tie. "Your last year of high school, that's kind of a big deal."

   Beck and Maddy look at their dad with big smiles on their faces, nodding. Maddy takes a spoonful of Cheerios, dodging Beck's elbow nudge by a hair. She looks at her twin and glares at him.

   "Dickhead," she mutters under her breath, knowing that he's trying to get her to ruin the shark crewneck early in the morning, before their day even starts. Beck snickers, donning a smug expression. "This is why you have no bitches," Maddy adds quietly, so only Beck can hear her.

   "Look who's talking." He rolls his eyes. "At least I can get them."

   "Alright then, is Noah taking you guys to school?" asks Mr. Adair, oblivious to the conversation they're holding. Both twins hum in response to their dad's question, immediately dropping their topic.

   "He's been taking us to school since he got a car, dad, that's a stupid question," says Beck, his eyebrow raised.

   Softly chuckling, Mr. Adair nods. "I'm just making sure that you guys are going to get to school safely and on time."

   "Don't worry, dad, I'll drag Beck to school with my bare hands if I have to," says Maddy, nodding reassuringly.

   "I'd like to see you try," Beck laughs at her.

   "I have a taser, too," Maddy adds, wiping the smirk off Beck's face.

   "You wouldn't use that on me."

   "Try me."

   "Okay, I think that's enough. Isn't it time to go to school?"

   "Well, Foosh usually—"

   A car horn is heard outside, a smile spreading across Mr. Adair's features. "Look at that. Perfect timing," he says, a relieved expression taking over his face. "Well, time for you two to get to school."

   Maddy turns to Beck. "I would use the taser on you," she has to have the last word before she grabs her backpack and makes her way out of the kitchen. Beck dashes past her to be the first out of the house, and to get the passenger seat.

   "What's up, Foolish Gamers," greets Beck.

   The brunette merely rolls her eyes at the immaturity her brother displays and slowly walks over to the jeep Foosh owns, claiming her spot in the back. She throws her backpack next to her, waving when the boy looks back at her through the rearview mirror.

   "Hey, Foosh," she says with a soft smile on her lips, knowing that he noticed the crewneck. The corners of his mouth slowly rise in a grin that makes Beck roll his eyes and flip Maddy off. "Stop gatekeeping your bestie, dude," she remarks, shaking her head.

   Foosh laughs out loud, "soon, he'll start trying to gaslight and girlboss, too, give it a moment," he says.

   Maddy nods, laughing.

   "I'm not gatekeeping Noah," says Beck, shaking his head with a deadpan. He stares down both Maddy and Foosh. "You're just making shit up."

   "Look, the gaslighting has already begun," says Foosh, an amused grin on his lips.

   "I hate the both of you," Beck murmurs. "Can you just drive and get us to school?"

   "That's the first time I've heard you say that willingly."

   "Die."

   "I would, but then there would be nobody left to bully you," says Maddy, giving Beck a look. A smirk decorates her lips, and Foolish laughs heartily.

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

   second chapter. wow, that's crazy, man, that's crazyy.

 wow, that's crazy, man, that's crazyy

© killiths | 2022