24, In the Spotlight

Chapter 24,
In the Spotlight

Chapter 24,In the Spotlight

   MADDY'S HAPPY. There's not much to say besides that. Her morning has gone amazingly well, like, it's crazy how well it went that the doubter part of herself wanted to think: damn, something is gonna go wrong today. But she doesn't let it take over her, and she believes that everything will go as smoothly, and she'll get through the day without a single hiccup.

   She woke up after going to sleep early in the night because of Foosh, and she didn't even mind it all that much. They were calling the entire time, and her morning alarm was Foosh telling her good morning.

   When she got to his jeep, she was greeted with a kiss, a strawberry lollipop and a latté that Ems made because she felt like making some, and Foosh knew how much Maddy loves Ems' caffeinated drinks whether it be iced coffee, lattés or whatever. Beck pretended to be annoyed then, and Foosh told him to stop being a child, which resulted in Maddy handing her twin brother the lollipop.

   "To stop you from crying," she'd told him. Beck rolled his eyes at her and flicked her off, which only made her laugh.

   The day continued, and Maddy aced her English quiz as well as her Sociology presentation in which she defended her research paper, talking about the fact that Hollywood was racist and severely lacked proper representation.

   Maddy floated through the day like a butterfly on a sunny day. She would even compare every single one of her classes to a beautiful flower.

   Things were good.

   Then lunch came.

   Foosh stood in front of her French class, waiting for her, so they could walk to the cafeteria together, and people were staring as they walked with their hands intertwined. But Maddy figured that she didn't mind it as much.

   People see her now. They perceive her, and they can no longer say that they don't know who Maddy Adair is. She's Beck Adair's twin sister, and she's Noah Brown's girlfriend. But neither of those titles are really important.