23, Boyfriend and Girlfriend

Chapter 23,
Boyfriend and Girlfriend

Chapter 23,Boyfriend and Girlfriend

Part of the FamilyOctober, 2021

Part of the Family
October, 2021

   "THIS GAME!" Maddy shouts into her microphone, fighting the urge to punch a wall. "I think I hate it," the girl remarks, blankly staring at the buy phase of a Valorant match. They're playing defenders on Split, which should be fine, but somehow, Maddy is doing even worse than usual, getting shot down first thing in every match. On Reyna, of all agents.

   Via laughs amusedly through Discord. It's easy to imagine her shaking her head. "You say that as if you don't come back to this game almost daily even when you're on a losing streak."

   "You'd be just as angry if you kept dying at the beginning of each game," Maddy notes, glaring at the computer screen with a burning passion. She moves her character toward B Site, trying to peek as little as possible.

   "Yeah, but I play a sentinel and I get to chill in the back," says Via, a grin hearable in her voice.

   "OH FUCK!" Maddy screams, the enemy Raze getting a headshot on the girl almost immediately. "I hate this fucking game so much!"

   The familiar sound of Discord notifies the two girls that somebody joined their voice chat.

   Blake hums awkwardly. "A terrible time to join, I see," he says, a chuckle leaving his lips. "Is it that bad?" he asks.

   "I'm a fucking bottom frag Reyna with a 3/8 KDA, nothing is going bad. Absolutely nothing," Maddy fumes. She screams into her crewneck, making Via laugh in response.

   "At this point, I say we FF and you go touch some grass," says the Hayes girl teasingly. But she does feel bad for Maddy. "Maybe go find Foolish — I'm actually surprised he's not with you right now."

   "Yeah, well, he's got other things to do than just spend time with me," says Maddy, shaking her head. "Beck's been complaining that I take too much of Foosh's time and that he wants his boyfriend back."