07, Villain Arc

Chapter 07,
Villain Arc

Chapter 07,Villain Arc

Escapism SucksSeptember, 2021

Escapism Sucks
September, 2021

   MADDY SQUEALS loudly, burying her head in her pillow, letting her tears stain the sheets. She knows she's going to have to change them, considering she still has her makeup on.

   Escapism sucks sometimes.

   All she wanted to do was read a nice book, not cry over the angst inside it. She knows that the main character and love interest will end up together eventually, but the obstacles are extremely frustrating. Maddy hates misunderstandings. Sometimes, all these characters would have to do is just . . . stay a little bit longer, and listen.

   Leaning against the headboard, Maddy rests her head against the wood, wiping away tears of both sadness and frustration. She's so glad she decided to keep tissues by her bedside.

   A knock is heard on the door, Foosh coming in with a box of cookies. "Hey, Maddy, so my mom made some cookies for you and— oh," he stops mid-sentence when he lays his eyes on the girl. He notices the tears on her cheeks and her smudged makeup, a book in her hand. A chuckle leaves his lips. "Are you crying over a book again?" He dons a gentle knowing smile that makes Maddy smile back at him. "Can I make it better with a hug?" he asks, setting down the box of cookies from Mama Foosh on the cabinet next to the door to the room.

   Maddy nods, standing up from her bed as Foosh opens his arms. She crosses the room swiftly, approaching Foosh, who wraps his arms around Maddy's smaller figure. She rests her head on the boy's chest, blinking away tears.

   "Seriously, how am I not the bestest friend you've ever had?" Foosh chuckles, his chest vibrating.

   Maddy looks up at him, giggling and shaking her head. "Are you suggesting you would cheat on Beck just like that?" She arches up an eyebrow at the football player, who gapes at her as if she just insulted him.