10, Ouch, But Squared

Chapter 10,
Ouch, But Squared

Chapter 10,Ouch, But Squared

Jealousy, JealousySeptember, 2021

Jealousy, Jealousy
September, 2021

   HOMECOMING SUCKS.

   It's not even happening in over a week, but Maddy can already say that it sucks. Well, she's been to three homecoming dances before, so she probably has a good say in whether it sucks or not. Like, don't get her wrong, she did not suffer through the three homecomings before, and they were fairly enjoyable because she had Via as her platonic date, but now?

   Via is going with Tina. And, Maddy is unbelievably happy for her best friend. She's going with Tina for fuck's sake! Of course, she is happy. Tina is probably the best person that Maddy could think of to go to homecoming with, but . . . it means that Maddy has to go alone.

   Having to go somewhere alone often leads to Maddy not going at all. And, right now, the idea of not attending the homecoming dance looks very attractive to her. She's definitely not going to be third-wheeling Via's date, and she's most definitely not going to be hanging around Beck and Hannah. Foosh would probably be the worst person to be spending homecoming with, too, considering that whoever he ultimately decides to go to homecoming with, they're most likely going to be annoying. It's a biased opinion, but Maddy thinks it's also justified.

   To this day, she is haunted by that one girl in her sophomore year that basically barked at Maddy for saying a mere 'hi!' to her friend. Whichever girl ends up going to the homecoming dance with Foosh, they become strangely territorial over the boy, and that terrifies Maddy.

   Walking to her locker, the Adair girl avoids every and any possible eye contact with people. Mostly because a lot of the interactions she gets to see now are people asking others to go to homecoming with them, or already established couples that are excited to go together.

   Maddy doesn't hate romance. But she hates romance.

   She sighs and rolls her eyes, finally looking up at her locker. She knits her eyebrows together when she sees Foosh standing there, leaning against the lockers next to hers with a smile on his face. She tilts her head to the side, wondering what he's doing here. Well, she knows he has a locker nearby, but he doesn't seem to be interested in that, rather than waiting for Maddy.