08, Friend on Trial

Chapter 08,
Friend on Trial

Chapter 08,Friend on Trial

Peer PressureSeptember, 2021

Peer Pressure
September, 2021

   VICTORY DISPLAYS over the computer screens of Maddy, Via, Beck, Foosh and Blake, all of them scoring yet another win for themselves as a team.

   She smiles at it, stretching out her arms and checking her posture. Which she knows is shit because she's unable to sit like a normal person.

   "Guys, I think we should call it a day. There's an Algebra test tomorrow, and I'd like to not fail it," says Maddy, earning groans of disagreement from everyone.

   "How about one last game?" suggests Via. "If we win this last game, I promise I will study for the Algebra test with you."

   "Oh shit, I gotta take that," says Maddy with her eyes wide, knowing that Via has a natural talent for anything that has to do with Math. Seriously, she doesn't remember the last time Via studied anything math-related. Maddy has always been more into social sciences.

   Via giggles into the microphone. "Only if we win this one, though."

   "I will carry the game, you'll see." The amount of confidence and determination in Maddy's voice makes Via laugh out loud. "Only for you, babe, only for you."

   "Ty babe," Via quotes Technoblade and a comment that apparently recently trended on Twitter, resulting in what is called the "aiden-fication" of technotwt. (The only reason Maddy knows of it is because Via told her, and it's been stuck in her head ever since.)

   "I feel like an intruder listening to that," comments Blake, making Maddy and Via laugh. The Adair girl shakes her head.

   "You get used to it," says Beck.

   "I once had to listen to Luke talking about licking Foosh's bicep, I think me and Via flirting is very mild compared to that," Maddy chuckles, recalling that one time she agreed to play a match with Beck, Foosh, Luke and Nick.