Chapter 5

Maya's POV:
To be honest I'm kinda sad. I never usually hope for things, but there's something about Lucas...
Anyway I decided I am still going to ask him out. I am fierce aren't I? I climb through Riley's window.
"Hey Maya. I forgot to tell you my uncle Josh is in town." I stumble face first into the window seat.
"Uncle boing." I say
"Now Maya, I'm only allowing you to be around him and, well, attempt to flirt?... To get over the.. L word."
"Riley you can say his name. I decided I'm gonna ask him out, whether he is "friends" with Missy or not" I say.
"You know why I love you?"
"Yeah, because-"
"You have exactly enough courage in your life, exactly enough to take on the world with me."
Lucas's POV:
Missy Bradford is really, really annoying. She keeps coming up to me and talking to me, and I don't wanna be friends with the wrong crowd. Today I had to have Maya as my tour guide again since we only saw the cafeteria and the "back building". I expected it to be really awkward.
"Hi Lucas." she beamed.
"Hi Maya." I smile back.
"First of all we have to go, and this ones my favorite, to the art room." She says. "After that we'll go to the auditorium, the main office, your classrooms, your locker, and guess where?"
"Where?" I ask
"You'll see." She says in mystery, teasing me. As we walk to the art room I spot Missy. I impulsively held Maya's hand. She looked at me with her big blue eyes and kissed my cheek. Missy's face turns as red as her heels. She scrunched up her eyebrows. Then she lifts an eyebrow and smirks.
"Well that's one guy off my list. Thanks Maya!" She sashays away like a model. Then Mr. Matthews walks by and sees us.
"NOT TODAY CHACHI!" He screams, "Maya, understand that I want to protect you from the horror that is boys!"
"But you're a boy, sir!" She says. Maya pulls my hand and we run to the art room and lock him out.
"I'm your best friend's father." He says
"Maya's not ready for boys neither is Riley!"
"Sir this is so innocent, I didn't try anything!" I say trying to calm him down.
"He didn't!" Maya helps me out. "If you don't leave we will make out, Mr.Matthews." she says and he runs away.
"So this is the art room. I sit here, Riles sits next to me." I look at her sketch book. It's filled with amazing drawings. That Farkle kid in a bird nest, Riley with a big head in Paris.

Time skip to the surprise location:
"Can you give me a piggy back ride?" She asks.
"Why?"
"To take you to the surprise location."
"Why not?" I say, exhausted. She hops onto my back and covers me eyes.
"What are you doing, Maya?!?"
"Relax, I'll navigate you just go with it."
Time skip to after all the walking:
"We're done. Let me hop off Hop-a-long." She says and takes her hands off my eyes. We're at the "back building"
Maya's POV:
Yeah I took Sundance to the "back building". I figured it was the perfect place to ask him out.
"So Lucas," I say. We're laying on the ground,"I like you and I want to go out on a date with you."
"What?"
"What do ya say? Wanna go to to the movies grab popcorn out of the bucket at the same time and see what happens, or what?" I'm feeling really brave right now.
"Yeah... um sure." he says sounding a little unsure.
"Bucky, you seem hesitant."
"It's just that you said Riley liked me and ya know, I wouldn't wanna go out with a heartbreaking monster." He says with sarcasm and I chuckle.
"It's fine Riles and I smoothed it over." I assure him. We started making plans for our date. First we'll meet at Svorski's at 6pm, and then we'll go to his house to see a movie.

Time skip to the day of the date:
---------------------
Next chapter has a surprise