Chapter 18

Maya's POV:
The truth is, Lucas was my hurricane. Could be my second one ever since my father. Hurricane Kermit-yes I know it's a funny name-and Hurricane Lucas. Who knows what's next to come. But the thing is, Lucas gave me hope. It's good and pure. Once you hope you never go back. Ever. So I hope for a brand new day where I'll be ok and safe from the storm that is the world. I'll be ok. At least I know that for sure.
It's hard to think all my best and poetic thoughts come while I'm brushing my teeth. I'm still a little bit nervous about the results of my audition. I know I said I'd hate it but I really wanna win. I really don't know what it is but with this newfound hope I know I'll be ok. Ugh hope is all I talk about. IT'S. EVERYWHERE.
I get dressed, eat an apple, and go pick up Riles.
As soon as I get there I get Riley and we go. I don't even have to talk. It's a routine.
"RILEY WE GOTTA GO!??!"
"Why are you rushing this?"
"Have you seen how many girls auditioned for the role of Cordelia?!? It's gonna be like a flood in the hallway."
"You're excited about this and it's adorable." She grins and pets my head.
"Can we just go?"
"Let's do this thang." We run into the subway and we sit there and we wait because yeah. Then when we get at our stop we freaking dash into school and dart down the stares. Everyone in the hallway stares at us like a freakshow (hint, hint, AMERICAN HORROR STORY UP IN HEYA). I finally get to the clipboard and I see the parts. I look for my name and it says: Maya Hart.........Cordelia's understudy. Oh well, good enough. Then I read who got Cordelia's part and I got real mad. DO OUR HOPES AND DREAMS EVEN MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ONLY GETTING HANDED TO PEOPLE WHO DONT DESERVE IT. I'm overreacting way too much. The worst part is knowing that Missy got the part. Cordelia is a person who hides her feelings but is very passionate about what's right. She's artistic, rebellious, and very unique. She remind you of anybody? I just really don't think that a heartless, selfish, demon spawn is right for this role. Can she even sing?!? I'm losing my mind over this. I check it again and I see something I don't wanna see.
.................
THIS IS A CHAPTER THATS TOO SHORT IM SORRY 1k I CRi AND ALSO DONALD TRUMP LOOKS LIKE AND IS WORTH A SOGGY CHICKEN NUGGeT 50 READS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.