Chapter 14

Lucas's POV:
"Maya stop!" I chase after her. She trips and falls and I hold out my hand for her. She doesn't take it so I sit with her.
"No. I don't want you here. I knew something like this was gonna happen. Because when you hope for things you get disappointed. Just leave." She's sobbing.
"No. I refuse to leave you."
"Go back to your perfect life that I wasn't meant to be apart of. Just leave! Leave now. You've done enough, Lucas." She runs away. And I would follow her but I know what I've done. I don't deserve her.
1 day earlier:
Maya's POV:
It's 6:30 and my alarm goes off. I groan.
"Mom, you home?" I scream. There was no reply so she must've gone to work. I get up, brush my teeth, get dressed and go to the subway. Since Riley was in Philadelphia for the day, I just meet Lucas there. I walk up behind him and cover his eyes.
"How ya doin', Hop-a-Long?"
"I'm doing just fine, ma'am. Thanks for askin'." He says and tips his hat.
"Will I ever get to you?"
"No, ma'am. But I appreciate your effort and I'll try harder next time." I shiver in rage again.
"Is this really what mornings are gonna be like for us?" I ask. He replies in a shrug.
"Are you implying that there will be more mornings in the future for us?" I stay silent because I see a daisy in his hand. I point to it.
"What that? Why that? Whaaat?"
"It's for you."
"Thank you but-" He doesn't listen he just puts it in my hair.
"There ya go." He says. I don't know why, but when I'm with Lucas everything is better. We get on the subway to school. There's only one seat taken so I hold onto the pole and Lucas sits. Then there's a big rift and I fall back into his lap.
"How ya doin'? I'm Maya." He smiles.
"I'm doing alright. I'm Lucas." I chuckle.
"So, ya got a girlfriend?" I ask.
"Yeah she's beautiful, laid back, and there's a lot of chemistry." He plays along.
"Well that's to bad 'cause I really, really, really, really, really, really like you."
"Oh just kiss me already." He says. I giggle and give him a big kiss. We finally get at our stop and walk out with our hands intertwined.
"Do you wanna go to the spring fling with me? Ya know it's not a square dance so there won't be any doe-si-doin."
"Well I was gonna ask you, which was what the daisy was for, but yes."
"Will you wear cowboy boots for me."
"No." But then he winks at me.
"Is that a yes or a no?"
"It's a no." Then he winks again. I shiver in rage once again.
--------------------
Thank you for over 400 reads😝😝😝 btw the next chapter is when riles comes back and you find out why Maya's mad at Lucas.