Chapter 16

Riley's POV:
I'm at home on a Thursday. Turns out "physical violence" gets you suspended. I, Riley Matthews, got suspended for punching someone. Wow. Maya comes out of the bathroom after a night of tears and crying herself to sleep. Time for another day of me telling her it's gonna be okay and her crying into my shoulder. She sits next to me.
"Riley, this isn't us. I don't cry over boys and you don't punch people. Is this Lucas's fault?"
"No, peaches. I promise that nothing else will change. But I need to go the bathroom right now. Just wait here."
"Ok."
Maya's POV:
When Riley leaves to go to the bathroom, I check my phone. It reads: "64 missed calls from Ranger Rick" and there are so many text messages that my thumb could not physically scroll down that much. I'm surprised I'm not sobbing right now. Then Auggie walks in.
"Maya, what wrong?"
"Let me give you a little life lecture, ok-"
"Oh no."
"You're in love with Ava, right?"
"Yes. I will never make her feel bad."
"Never cheat on her. Not when you're older, not now, not ever."
"Maya, what's wrong?"
"Nothing that concerns you. I doubt a seven year old can help me but thank you." I hug him and he leaves. Riley comes back and sits with me.
"I think its time for me to go outside."
"Are you sure?"
"Riles, you stay at home. I feel like I've been a burden on your first suspension. I still can't believe you got suspended before me. What's next? You gonna steal a bike? Oh wait, wait I know, rob a liquor store."
"Oh, shut up. I need to be with you today. Who knows you could start crying in the middle of the street."
"I'll be fine. I've got my-"
"Dungeon of sadness?"
"Lucas will accompany Josh and the ballerinas," Now I pretend to be a news anchor, "This just in, breaking news, Missy Bradford will also be joining Maya Hart's dungeon of sadness," I use my regular voice, "Riles I'll be fine."
"I don't think so."
"I will go through this window without you."
"Maya why w-"
"Please try to remember that you locked me up on my 14th birthday." I see the guilt in her eyes.
"Go."
----------------------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter. SHOUTOUT TO @weathergirl101 WHO TYPED ME LIKE A PARAGRAPH OF KIND WORDS. SORRY MY COMMENTS DONT WORK