Chapter 10

Maya's POV:
Today is day Lucas is meeting my mom. He obviously doesn't know he is. My mother doesn't even know I've had my first kiss. She doesn't even know I've touched a boy for God's sake!
"So Lucas, when we get to the diner, I have a huge surprise." I look at him seriously.
"Is it bad?"
"I don't know?"
"You're telling me you have surprise for me, but you don't know what it is?" He looks really scared. It's cute.
"I know what it is, I just don't know how it'll go down." I giggle, put my hand on his cheek, and kiss him.
"Ya feel better Ranger Rick?"
"Not yet." He replies and smiles. Instead of kissing him again I grab his hand and run. We arrive at the Nighthawk Diner. My mom is wiping an empty table. She's coming up to us.
"Maya! What might you be here for." She says gladly surprised. "Who's this young fellow here," She asks me. My heart is pounding so hard and it's so awkward.
"Mom this.. um is my uh.. boyfriend, Lucas. I wanted you to meet him, and since you never get time off from work, I thought I'd come to you, mom." She stands there, speechless.
"Um..mom, when's your break?" I say. She breaks out of her pause and finally talks.
"Yeah um-it's- a in five minutes, honey. I'll be ready in five minutes. You can seat yourselves. Nice to meet you Lucas." She fakes a smile, shakes his hand, and walks away. Lucas just looks at me with worry in his big green eyes.
"Hi." I say.
"Hi. So that's your mother?" I nod.
"How bad do you think this will be Huckleberry?" He squeezes my hand tight.
"Let's hope for the best right now." I smile and kiss him on the cheek. We're holding hands under the booth we're sitting at. She comes back.
"Ok, kids 'nough chit chat. tell me about you, Lucas."
"Well..."
Time skip:
Lucas's POV:
We're all laughing over something funny Maya's mom said.
"Well Lucas, I'm glad you're worthy of my daughter. I would love to talk more but I gotta go back to waitressing."
"Wait I have to go to the bathroom." Maya says and leaves.
"Lucas, if you are going to date my daughter, know that if you hurt her I will find you. The Matthews family and I will go after you because we love that girl. I know how this works, but I know that you're not her father, and you won't leave her."
"Yes ma'am." My palms are getting really sweaty and my heart races. She walks away to say bye to Maya. I sit there scared and speechless. I would never, ever even in another universe where everyone is mean, hurt Maya. Never.
Maya's POV:
Lucas and I walked out of the diner and into the Subway. We sit in two empty seats.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about meeting my mom." I hold his hand.
"It's fine. I love surprises. You were the one of the best surprises I've had in my life, so far."
"Wow, could it get any cheesier? I expected better more from you Bucky Mcboing-boing." I say in sarcasm. Then he looks at me seriously.
"Maya, you know I'd never hurt you, right?" He asks looking at me in the eyes.
"There's been a lot of hurt in my life. But somehow, I know that you won't hurt me. It's a gut feeling, Lucas. Did my mom scare you?" I finally figure it out. That little snake.
"Yes, but I know that that's her protective mother intuition talking. Like how Mr. Matthews is about us." He says.
"How are you so wise? Tell me why you would want to be with me. You could've been with Riley or Missy or anyone else. Why me?"
"When I saw you dragging Riley onto the subway it showed me your the kind of person that won't give up. I saw the light in your eyes and you were beautiful. But as I got to know you, I noticed there was more to you than beauty, but your personality and your art, your inner beauty. That's what matters more to me than anything. And Maya Hart, I am slowly falling in love with the greatest, brightest girl there is." I kiss his cheek and rest my head on his shoulder. I think I might love Lucas. And you may think I'm too young but I do love him. I might be scared of getting hurt, but he's all I know. So even if he's not the one, so even if he breaks my heart, I will always remember him.
--------------------------
Holy balls I made that sound like he was dying. HE ISNT. I also made some too young and Darlin I'm a mess references in there.