Chapter 12

Lucas's POV:
I love Maya. I do. Which is why I went to Riley's house with Farkle to get her and her parents' approval of our relationship since she is basically apart of their family. I know its a little late to get their blessing but it's now or never. So now I'm sitting on the Matthews' couch with Riley's father giving me and Farkle a lecture on how to treat his girls. Thankfully, Riley and Maya walked in just as Mr. Matthews sat us down.
"Dad, are you out of your mind?!?!!"
"No. I'm protective. I love you girls and boys are not good right now!"
"What gives you the right to declare that?"
"Riley, I'm your father!"
"Oh yeah." All if a sudden Farkle buts in.
"Sir, I wanted to get your blessing to take Riley out on a date. I'm smart and I am in love with Riley." She smiles at him.
"Dad, can you tell me what is wrong with Maya dating Lucas. He's wonderful for her."
"HE'S 36!"
"In my defense, I wanted to talk to Riley first." I say.
"Then we go to the window." She walks and I follow her to her room.
"So you're just gonna lea-" I hear but we just go. We sit.
"So Lucas, what'd ya wanna say."
"I love Maya." Her eyes get wide. "I wanted to get her best friend's approval."
"You got it dude." She smiles and shakes my hand. I hear a screaming noise down stairs and I run as fast as I can.
"THAT'S IT!" She drags Maya and I to her room window and stays down stairs with Farkle and her father. We sit.
"Maya, I love you." She smiles.
"I love you more."
"Not possible."
"Yes possible." I give her possibly the biggest grin in all of existence.