Duty calls

That night, Kunti led Draupadi to her chamber, explaining gently, “The pandit has advised that tomorrow would be the most auspicious day for you and Arjun to begin your married life together

That night, Kunti led Draupadi to her chamber, explaining gently, “The pandit has advised that tomorrow would be the most auspicious day for you and Arjun to begin your married life together.”

Draupadi nodded, understanding the wisdom in waiting.

Arjun, feeling a mixture of anticipation and impatience, retired to his own chamber. He couldn’t help but think about how little time he had spent with his new wife.

Kunti’s chamber was directly opposite Arjun’s, and their balconies faced each other, creating a serendipitous connection between them.

As Draupadi stood in Kunti’s chamber, she found herself gazing at the moon, reflecting on the monumental events that had shaped her life.

The soft silver light illuminated her face, highlighting her serene beauty.

Meanwhile, in his own chamber, Arjun also stepped out onto his balcony. His eyes immediately found Draupadi, her figure bathed in moonlight.

Arjun’s breath caught in his throat as he observed her. Her face was peaceful yet thoughtful, and the moonlight seemed to add an ethereal glow to her already radiant beauty.

Draupadi, sensing someone’s gaze, turned and met Arjun’s eyes across the space that separated them.

They maintained eye contact, a silent conversation passing between them.

Arjun’s intense gaze held a mixture of admiration, longing, and affection.

Draupadi, feeling the heat of his gaze, blushed and lowered her eyes, unable to maintain the eye contact.

A smirk appeared on Arjun’s face, pleased by her reaction.

Just then, Kunti’s voice called out softly, “Draupadi, it’s time to rest now.”

Draupadi gave her husband one last glance, a silent promise of their shared future, and then turned to go inside.

Arjun watched her until she disappeared from view, his heart full of anticipation for the day to come.

As Draupadi settled in Kunti’s chamber, she felt a mix of emotions—excitement for the future, love for her husband, and gratitude for the new family she had joined.

Kunti, sensing her daughter-in-law’s thoughts, gently reassured her, “Rest now, my dear. Tomorrow is a new beginning for you and Arjun.”

Draupadi nodded, feeling comforted by Kunti’s presence.

As she closed her eyes, she felt a sense of peace, knowing that her life with Arjun was just beginning, and that they would face whatever the future held together.